UK Guitar Buyers - Your Statutory Rights.

Site announcements and information<br>

Moderators: ian, ned

Deadman
Guitar God
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:30 am
Location: England

Post by Deadman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:35 pm

I just can't work out why things end up in an argument on here. Controversial at the very least. :roll:

bruceboomstick
Guitar God
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Post by bruceboomstick » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm

I just can't work out why things end up in an argument on here. Controversial at the very least.
Deadman - you have me beat on that one - never intended it at the outset - but then again perhaps I should've known better.

Mind you it's a great incentive to leave the computer alone and hit them strings. :D

LBUK
Guitar God
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:05 am
Location: UK Lincolnshire

Post by LBUK » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:34 am

I think this is a great post especially with faulty goods being more common these days maybe due to mass production and the bare minimum QC.

It's good to remind people of their statutatory rights as I have been told a few times 'company policy is not to give refunds' and people can sound very convincing that they know what they are talking about.

On reading the first post it has no personal attack hidden or open and it reads as though it is designed to help and jog memories.

Good one bruceboomstick keep up the good work :D

It would be good if people could add to this for UK purchases and maybe different threads for purchases in other countries to keep the information accessible.

LBUK

QuattroSte
Guitar God
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:27 am
Location: Wicklow, Ireland!

Post by QuattroSte » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:30 am

SGRocks wrote:I for one am disgusted with the way some of you guys are personally attacking supreme,be it in the open like QuattroSte with his last remark,or in a hidden way like the original poster did.He has any right to post anywhere he likes,just like you.You dont have to respond either, especially not with childish remarks like

QuattroSte wrote:P.S. I bet someone has no friends :lol: :D :lol:

Stop the personal attacks for christs sake!
OK after reading this again some days later I realise I shouldn't......

Ahhhh no! I can't apologise for this. This is not a personal attack. Don't be so sensitive. He has a right to post as do I. I am not an attacking person, but on this subject I have just had enough moaning and rambling on and on and on. Understand?

My apology goes to the thread starter Bruce.

SGRocks
I only know 3 chords
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:17 am

Post by SGRocks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:08 am

QuattroSte wrote:
SGRocks wrote:
QuattroSte wrote:P.S. I bet someone has no friends :lol: :D :lol:

Stop the personal attacks for christs sake!
OK after reading this again some days later I realise I shouldn't......

Ahhhh no! I can't apologise for this. This is not a personal attack. Don't be so sensitive. Understand?


I think you need to understand something.When you talk about a person in a negavtive way,you are attacking that person personally.Saying he probably has no friends is about saying he must have problems so noone likes him.That is a childish thing to do and you should apologize for it.I have seen a few fanatic people here who actually seem to have problems,but I didnt address them personally in that way,you did.


He has a right to post as do I. I am not an attacking person, but on this subject I have just had enough moaning and rambling on and on and on.


You first say he can post,and then you suggest he shouldnt.So which one is it?Who are you to decide?You contradicted yourself within 2 sentences.Considering he got ripped off and he was not being helped out sufficiently,he has any right to talk about it anywhere he wants as much as he wants.You dont have to respond,noone is forcing you too.



Because of some fanatic people here,he actually got censured,which is just weak and doesnt help the problem at all.In fact it only damages the image of Tokai.Read around on other forums to see what people think of this all,they are also not that complimentary about the way the forum has handled it,to say the least.They are using words like hypocrites,weak,unacceptable,sad and pathetic a lot to describe Tokai and the forum.Those are not my words.



Through PM,supreme has told me he was promised by the moderator the topic will be reopened when he gets a replacement and he will reveal everything that has happened in the meantime,so fanatics,dont laugh yet.

bruceboomstick
Guitar God
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Post by bruceboomstick » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:06 pm

SGROCKS

This is just my opinion - but you've made 5 posts to date, all but one has been aguementative.

It gives me the impression that you have simply signed on conduct an arguement. And before you launch into one, that's just the impression I get - it's not an attack on you personally or otherwise.

I have been on a lot of forums in the last week - I get the distinct impression that there are certain agendas being served (I could be wrong - I may be paranoid - at least that's what people say about me....)

The point is this - no-one wants to argue - life is way to short to try and fight every battle.

There's lot of guys on here who are really knowledgable - I hold them in high respect. I do so because they share what they know. Equally I know if I say something dumb they'll pick it up and probably rip me to shreds but it's always in good faith - if I take it the wrong way they're quick to apologise. Again I would love to see Supreme posting again (not that I particularly want to reference his dilema in this thread) - partly because I want to know how things turned out and also because everyone has a right to their say (which I believe is your point). The one overt comment I will make on "THAT" thread is that I didn't enjoy it - sure I have my opinions, but I kept them to myself as they would have brought nothing to the debate. That is why I was so disappointed when this thread seemed to have been taken as a continuation. Perhaps the lesson both Supreme and I could learn is that when you stick you head above the parapet and knock out a post you open yourself to both good and bad replies (it's pretty obvious, but I'm sure we all get comfortable and foget from time to time)

Now I'd like to make a suggestion (if I could be just a little bold) would it be too much to ask you to maybe join in with some of the other threads - maybe start one introducing yourself properly - tell us a little about who you are what you play etc. It doesn't matter that your not a Tokai owner (Hell only one out my six guitars is a tokai).

If there's anything in the post that you take offence to or starts another row then I'll happily walk naked through the streets of Aberdeen. :D

Anyway apologies everyone for another long one - I really have to get a life and loads of friends.

(No one is upset are they :wink: )

SGRocks
I only know 3 chords
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:17 am

Post by SGRocks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:39 pm

Bruce,look,on one hand you say you are not accusing anyone with anything and are not trying to argue,but then you say:
I get the distinct impression that there are certain agendas being served
And when I would respond to that,I am being argumentative?You are suggesting someone has hidden agendas (i.e. someone is lying to serve his own agenda).Who, tell me.I am afraid Aberdeen is in for a shock.



Ive already said I have a Gibson SG and Im from the Gibson forum,and you can read in that thread I wasnt welcomed with open arms,so why should I post in other threads on this biased forum with double standards?And when I started defending supreme, I was told to leave.I am here to see how this charade with supreme will end and then I will happily go.



And why cant someone be argumentative?Isnt that what forums are for?Or should we all just agree that supreme is lying and censure him without knowing what is really going on because some 'knowlegable' members claimed it?


Noone is upset here.I am calmly responding to posts.

Schocker
Guitar God
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:00 am

Post by Schocker » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 am

why should I post in other threads on this biased forum with double standards


'Biased' in that its members' interest is overall balanced in Tokai's favour? That is not surprising given that this the Tokai Forum. You'll doubtless have witnessed similar swings on other websites with a brand name in their title.

'Double standards' in that different people have different opinions? This forum is made up of individuals and consequently there is not just view on a given subject being represented.

In the case of Supreme's situation, you'll notice a number of angles being represented; there was not a lynch-mob out to get him, although some members' views obviously contrasted quite extremely with others'. If you read any of my posts relating to this matter you will notice that I have a great deal of sympathy with his plight.

Being 'argumentative' on a forum is not necessarily a bad thing but it's rather pointless to do it just for the sake of being argumentative. How often have you seen someone with no apparent interest in the forum's main subject appear (with a previous posting record of 1, 2, etc) and recite an anecdote which supposedly proves how terrible "Product X" is? And how often is that met with a response of "Troll!"?!

You must admit one can be forgiven for thinking there's a vested dirt-digging interest when suddenly people with no previous interest in Tokai or the Tokai Forum emerge and start criticising things. A healthy outsider's view is one thing but preferably it would be impartial and objective.

Locked