Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breezy sound date?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Breezy sound date? Reply with quote

Seems to be a common request on here to ask for help in dating Breezy Sound tele copies. Mine is yellow, serial number L14877. I?d love to know more about it if anyone could help. I?ve had to replace to the tuners as they were damaged, and the volume pot too, but otherwise it~s a great guitar and much admired by other guitarists in North-East Brasil where I play in a blues band. I wonder what it?s worth in Europe?
joukov
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: thanks but er........? Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply but at the place you mention there are all these models ST50R, 60R, 70R, 80R, 100R, 120R
TE50R, 70R, 80R, 120R
PB70R, 80R JB45R, 60R, 80R, 85FLR, 120R
and my knowledge isn?t good enough to know which is which.

As you seem to be so knowledgeable is there anywhere I could get the guitar valued?
joukov
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take off the neck pickup, there might be model number stamped on bottom of the cavity. You could also take a look at the Tokai catalogs (link is on the front page of TokaiRegistry, dating an id) and try to find out which model your guitar is. Serial number doesn't always tell the truth.

If you wanna get your guitar valued, go to a guitar store and ask them for a price. Do you wanna play it or sell it?
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Value Reply with quote

There aren?t any guitar stores where I live in the middle of nowhere in Brasil, so there?s a shortage of guitars, so other guitarists, local guys, have asked me if I want to sell it. I don?t really want to sell it, but then again I don?t play it very often as I play keyboards in the band and when I play guitar I play mostly acoustic guitar and slide and lap steel, so yeah maybe I would sell it. So I?d like to know approximately what it would be worth in Europe, then next time someone local makes me a serious offer I might say yes, and make myself enough money to buy some gear that I NEED, like a good keyboard amp or a small portable PA system, rather than just having the Tokai sit around in a case for years without being played. And make some local guy really happy because it?s a super guitar, sounds really great compared to the cheap ^&*( a lot of guys play around here. Somehow the old hippie in me says instruments should be played.
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Age Reply with quote

Hi joukov. I just went back to the registry catalog chart as you suggested and compared the headstock of my BreezySound, and it?s definitely pre-81, according to the type of lettering and colour of the wood, (if that?s relevant). That figures, as I bought it in Holland second-hand in about 1985 (400 guilders if I remember rightly, from Staffhorst in Utrecht)
I?ve done a google and an ebay search, but didn?t find one for sale anywhere. Either this means I got the date wrong and the guitar is in fact from another date, or it?s really rare!!!! What do you think?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures?
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: er??? Reply with quote

Er yeah I got a digicam somewhere, but I?ve no idea how to post pictures on here. I?ll have a go.
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: sorry but..... Reply with quote

no idea how to post the pictures I?ve just taken of the guitar on this forum. Can?t find an FAQ on the subject either.[/img]
seho10
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry but..... Reply with quote

Pete Z Trucker wrote:
no idea how to post the pictures I?ve just taken of the guitar on this forum. Can?t find an FAQ on the subject either.[/img]

Youve got a PM!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to www.photobucket.com and you can host your pictures there for free. It's really easy to do.
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Crikey!! Reply with quote

Right, photobucket it is then. But not now. Been out for a sushi blowout with gallons of sake and I can?t face registering with anything right now, but thanks for the tip!
Pete Z Trucker
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Pics Reply with quote

PIcs of my (probably) pre-1981 BreezySound Tele are at
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j308/PeteZTrucker/
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Z Trucker, nice guitar. Congrats.

It is a TE50, '64 model, Year 1983/1984.
Before 1983 the Tokai Strats and Teles used the "Spaghetti" logo on the head stock.
Compare your guitar with my rare Breezy. At present time at Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.de/TOKAI-Tele-1983-Paisley-Finish-rare-alt-und-edel_W0QQitemZ7420030602QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
joukov
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quess is TTE50, 1985.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: