Anyone have thoughts on Edwards LP Jimmy Page relic?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajaxlargo

Reaction score
Hi, i'm considering purchase of the Edwards Les Paul relic (Jimmy Page model) -- does anyone have any experience good or bad with this model? Thanks for your advice and thoughts...

... ask nighttrain - he's going to sell his JP relic (3months-young LP). He's posting in the 'Classifieds' - section! :wink:

Roger

Well, I thought I had posted a thread about mine on this forum some time ago, but I can't seem to find it now. Anyway, I've had my Edwards E-LP-105LTS/RE since eary Feb. (maybe late Jan.) and it never ceases to surprise me. The build quality is top-notch by any standard, it plays like buttah, sounds like a great LP should, and it just flat out looks great to boot. I bought mine through Ishibashi (by far the cheapest) so I had to wait a while for them to order it, take delivery, then ship it to me, but it was well worth the wait. The neck joint alone is enough to sell me...perfect fit and finish in an area that many production LP-type guitars tend to skimp on. The only thing I may upgrade on it is the electronics. The pots and switch are a bit cheap feeling, but they do work perfectly fine. Oh, and the gold tuners and strap locks are a bit too "new" looking compared to the rest of the guitar so aging them some would certainly help. Otherwise it's a fantastic guitar and it more than holds its own against the dozens of "real" LP's I've played over the years. Factor in the cost including shipping from Japan to MD and it's an amazing bargain. I chose to go with the 105 instead of the 125 as I didn't feel the need for the "Super Circuit" switching and just wanted a straight-up LP. Plus if I decide to add the switching at a later time I'll just go with some RS electronics which are much higher quality than the stock Edwards would come with. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Anyway, here are some pics of mine including some of the pu cavities, neck joint, and control cavity (pics on all 3 pages):

http://community.webshots.com/album/473711002WinYrl

Back