Gibson: Made in China?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Guitar ?80 = That's ?20.00 tax to pay and most of it VAT. For anyone doing this through a VAT registered business the tax is almost undectabley small. And ?20 isn't exactly huge.

Schnabelrock said:
Barry NYC said:
UPDATE: I've had this instrument for a week now. The more bits I cut out of it & throw away, this guitar it ACTUALLY IMPROVING! In the first hour I had it, I yanked out the plastic nut & glued in a brass one. On the second day, I cut out the bridge pickup & tossed in a Rio Grande pickup I had laying arond the house. Yesterday I pulled the 3 hole truss rod cover & installed a LP Standard 2 hole bell shaped cover. When I get the matching neck pickup, I intend to cut out all the remaining electronics & throw them away. I don't know what kind of wood this thing is made of, but so far it looks & sounds pretty good! Much better than before. I really should spread for a better set of tuners since I've gone this far. If you want to buy one of these things, I suggest you grab one before the lawyers get involved. Of course, these guitars are junk but I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Finally it all comes down that the guitar costed 500 Dollars or more :wink:

I did not spend $500 but it was DEFINITELY worth $400 to me.

Each to his own - but I'm fascintated by fakes. Really good ones or really bad ones, please. Of course money plays a part - but the Chinese guitars are outrageously brazen, which is a reason on it's own for getting one. And they're cheap, which is another reason. I'll upgrade it for my own pleasure - but of course I'll keep all the original parts. Honest!

It's not e-bay - and if you go to www.gibson.com (surely nothing fake about that!), click other countries: china, then http://www.gibson.cn/ is where you go.

Latest posts

Back