Tele sounds

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo

Reaction score
Another try...

I?searching for an affordable tele-type guitar and I?ve heard that the Tokai Breezysound-models are quite good... has anyone got any experiences with them? Are the stock pickups in them good or should I change them to Fender ones if I decide to buy the guitar? I?ve got around 600 euros (I think it?s something like 600$) to spend on the guitar... Can you people help me?

And another thing... is the BOSS OD-3 any good? I need a natural sounding overdrive pedal...

Thanks
Tomi

If you have Euros, I think you live in Europe. If you want the best Tele, visit www.rockinger.com (it's in germany) and buy one of the Tele-kits. Only very little work ist to do, to complete the guitar. And it is much fun. I have a Rockinger-Tele and it blows the Fenders away. (I have a Fender-Strat too). The overall-quality is much better than this of the stock-Fenders. And the Rokinger-Pickups are great, but you can choose a different set, if you like. Price for the Tele-kit is around 560 Euros.

Greetings

Juergen

Try a Tokai ast33 or ast50 Strat ?399 in uk superb instrument if you can find one.
good hunting
Col

For a natural overdrive ,the IbanezTube Screamer and as far as Tele's the Japanese Breezies are great! I have 4 Paisley Tele's and the are all wonderful instruments! Good Luck! 8)

Tokai Breezies are in my opinion much better than all the Fender mexican teles (which cost similar money) and compare very favourably with the american reissue teles (which cost well over 1000 euros).

Get one, don't bother to change the pickups as they are fine, but if you must, don't get fender pickups as they are not the most accurate repros. (Again in my opinion).

Also you can feel a bit more free to make mods to a copy, and a P90 to replace the tele neck pickup is a mod which should be heard by all.

As far as natural overdrives go, just try as many pedals as you can. I think you need to go a long way to beat the sparkledrive by (I think) Voodoo labs, but if you're on a budget the Guyatone OD 1 pedal is based heavily on the Ibanez tubescreamer and is around the same price as the boss (which is incidentally a good pedal too). I could go on for ages about this stuff but I would only be interesting to myself so I'll shut up now.

Back