OH boy...Tokai sale...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakyjapan

Reaction score
I need another guitar like I need a... add your wise crack here...
but a local shop is having a big sale starting Friday with Tokais at 30% off list, so that means the LS150s will be about $860.oo and the LS75 plain top is about $475.oo...of course thoae are US dollars even though I`m Canadian eh. I`m running out of space here.

Sell me all your old guitars for cheap and you'll have a lot of space for new ones.

(someone HAD to post something like this) :D

....i dont think it will be local to you ''noob''

i know...sell any gibsons and fenders and get better ones...

i wouldnt turn down 30% off>>>

how is he making up for the non profit, or how is he GETTING profit>?
________
PENNY STOCKS TO BUY

well, if you can swing by Japan you have a shot at one of the LS150s... they have 2, a matte finish and a gloss. I asked the mamager to play the gloss the other day because I believe it`s important to not only play a guitar but hear it from a few meters away standing in front of the amp...sounded great. Trouble is...I`m torn between a Van Zandt tele and the Tokais.
See the VZs by following the link. I have one of their strats and they are amazing instruments. Also have a late 70s Tokai Les Paul Reborn so another guitar would just be greed not necessity...still, thats never stopped me before.

http://www.musicland.co.jp/osaka/van_zandt/index.html

sneak-

Any MIJ PRS copies?

Noob- when are you in Toronto? I'll be there May 11th and 12th.

yes...Ornettes, Bacchus " Licks ", Sugi is kind of a hybrid LP/PRS, and Yamaha had a model called Image. I`m sure I`m forgetting some...lots of Japanese makers doing excellent work these days.

ESP Potbelly:
0084_2.jpg

0731_1.jpg

Caparison Angelus:
1306_1.jpg

0201_1.jpg

...however neither are "cheap" per-se, but compared to equivalent PRS guitars they probably are. [/img]

yes I`m Canadian but I`m in Japan and it`s the golden week sale.
Those pot bellies cost as much as a PRS here. That particular Caparison is nice but some models are a bit heavy metal for me. I`m real happy with my Ornettes, the newer versions are made from African mahogany but a few years ago they used Honduras and thats what I have.

Yeah, the Ornetts line is very nice & is probably my fave Japanese PRS-ish guitars. Not only do they look great, but they're priced great too. I def wouldn't mind having a GM8R (with P90's) in that "tigers eye" finish they sell. Yummy! :D

the new ones are veneer and have the logo attached to the headstock...the older ones have the logo inlayed with a rosewood veneer on the back of the headstock too. Still, they are a good deal used.

that's great, but i'm looking to beat the s**t out of my guitars, and hence i am still looking for this supposed toronto tokai sale.

btw, no offence, but i hate prs guitars, and their respective copies.

just looking to see what happened to the original thread topic here.

OK.....once more with feeling... the sale is in Japan...I am Canadian...and living in Japan. The sale is in Japan. I mentioned the price in US funds even though, again, I`m Canadian...I have no idea what sales are going on in Montreal, Toronto or Moose Jaw.
I`d wager most Japanese chain shops are having golden week sales this and/or next week since May 3, 4 and 5th are national holidays and many companies have more days off...like me, I go back to work next saturday, so I get 7 days off.
Hope that clears the sale thing up. sorry for any discomfort cause by my thread.
amen.

well I`ve been to the sale twice, looked at the LS150s and didn`t buy one. I thought there was something wrong with me...and some would say there is... but I ventured over to the local Hard Off...don`t ask, the Japanese do odd things with English... and there was an Aria Pro II Leopard in the junk section. $96.oo US and shop policy is no trysies before purchasing from that section...you pays your money and you takes your chances. So, I looked at the guitar and figured the parts alone would be worth more than that on Yahoo Japan if the guitar didn`t work...took a chance.
Got it home, plugged it in and it works...p`ups, volume and tone pots too.
Removed the p`up rings and...they`re DiMarzios !!! double white open face ... those alone make the guitar worth the money. Serial number on the back of the headstock is 105070...I`m guessing 1981? It has the screw in the neck tenon and is stamped 15-079 in the cavity. Pot solder is original so I assume they must be too. Cavities are shielded, body is 2 piece back and 3 piece tobacco burst top but not pancake. neck is 3 laminated pieces...probably withstand a nuclear blast...and living so close to North Korea...thats a distinct possibility. Anyways...took it apart, cleaned all the crud off it slapped some 10s on her and she purrs.
NOW I know why the guitar gods wouldn`t let me buy the LS150s...they were saving my wallet from myself. lets see...an $860.oo Tokai or a $96.oo 1980s Aria Pro II.....hmmmmmmm. Guess I`ll wait and get a used LS150. I just love finding these old MIJs... gonna sleep like a babe tonight.

Hey Sneaky,

That looks like your personal login page.

So when are you going to find me an Edwards Jr. as cheap as the one you got for yourself? :)

Jim

so you aren`t seeing the pics? well, this is the first time I use the site so don`t know how it works.

Latest posts

Back