Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai makes Zemaitis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Tokai makes Zemaitis Reply with quote

Tokai is the manufacturer for Greco Zemaitis licenced by Zemaitis

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tokai makes Zemaitis Reply with quote

togps wrote:

Hi togps, could you please elaborate on that a bit? I'm trying to sort out the "Zemaitis saga" at the moment (and going slightly mad, too) before listing some related sites in the ODP, and so far I've only found the official information that the GZ series (not the custom shop guitars) by the new Zemaitis company are made by Greco. How come that Tokai Gakki should build these in reality? Is there any other connection between Tokai and Greco, perhaps for other models as well?

Here's the Zemaitis company site:

http://www.zemaitis.net/zemaitis-guitars-gz-series.htm

By the way, one of the Zemaitis "gurus" has several sites on which he published the recent deal between Gary Moore and Phil Winfield about his "Greeny" Les Paul (said to have costed over half a million dollars) with some pictures:

http://www.privateguitarcollector.com/Peter%20Green%20%20Gary%20Moore.htm
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tokai makes Zemaitis Reply with quote

hans-j?rgen wrote:
Hi togps, could you please elaborate on that a bit? I'm trying to sort out the "Zemaitis saga" at the moment (and going slightly mad, too) before listing some related sites in the ODP, and so far I've only found the official information that the GZ series (not the custom shop guitars) by the new Zemaitis company are made by Greco. How come that Tokai Gakki should build these in reality?

The president of Tokai Gakki would not like that further internals of this business relationship are published publicly.
I respect that.
With the request for understanding, too.

Quote:
Is there any other connection between Tokai and Greco, perhaps for other models as well?

As far as I know - No!
orvilleowner
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tokai makes Zemaitis Reply with quote

togps wrote:

How long has that been the case?

I guess that explains the Z-Talbo I just saw .... a Talbo with "Zemaitis" touches!
JD
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get a 22-fret Zemantis reissue like Keith Nelson from Buckcherry plays on tour.

Ed Roman carries Zemantis. I can't find too many that do. Would also like to know more about the new ones. Looks like they are not cheap though...
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Tokai makes Zemaitis Reply with quote

togps wrote:
hans-j?rgen wrote:
Is there any other connection between Tokai and Greco, perhaps for other models as well?

As far as I know - No!

Schenker Japan and Mosrite Japan is made by Tokai
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Tokai make Mosrites and it's very normal as their old Hummingbirds electrics from last 60's are in fact Mosrites guitars.I know that since my tourat the factory.Mr. Adachi show me a California(If I recall well) Mosrite and he said it was the most difficult guitar to make because the work involved as these guitars are a lot of vacuum wood inside....and they make another V model for another brand we all know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: