How to distinguish between Korean Breezy and Jap?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornelius bonobo

Reaction score
Well there it is. I'm not sure if I can be more specific, but if anyone has any ideas on how I can tell the difference between the Korean and Jap Breezys I'd be obliged. I am looking at buying a new one and the guy assures me that it's Japanese. The cost is 399 GBP, but there's no distinguishing features on the body or neck. No serial number nothing. To be honest it played so nice I think I'll buy it anyway, but it would be nice to know one way or the other. Any tips gratefully received.

Japanese have thumbwheels to adjust the bridge height, Koreans have screw heads; Japanese usually have dark control covers, Koreans white, Japanese have two screws holding truss rod cover, Koreans have three.

OOOPS I meant Love Rocks. I own several Japanese Breezysounds, but I have never played a Korean one so I guess I can be of no help whatsoever.

breezysounds on sale in northern ireland. the shop owner assures me the breezysounds are all japanese made. no serial number anywhere on them but i did see a small "made in japan" sticker on the back of the neck.

Latest posts

Back