Edwards have solid maple caps? or veneer?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edwards (bursts) have solid maple caps with a thin real maple veneer (no foto flame) on top.

Andi

Hi,

look at my posting for my introduction of the Edwards E-LP-90LTS !!

There's a link to photos of my guitar - not good ones - but you will see a maple top with veneer.

Roger

ELP105CE-dsp.jpeg

Any clues on this one. I think it looks kinda cool. Its an Edwards ELP105CE. Any clues as to if its a solid top?

tudor said:
There's a link to photos of my guitar - not good ones - but you will see a maple top with veneer.
By the way, from your photos of the neck cavity it looks as if the maple top underneath the veneer would be thinner than a Tokai. Do you have a picture of the bridge cavity with visible maple top, too?

the 2nd photo of the cavity shows it:

Hans-J?rgen, you wrote me (PM), that the maple is as half as thick as on the Tokais...
You will have surely identified it, so I take it for what it is...?!

It seems to be so, as you mentioned!

Next weekend I will exert myself for better photos of the wood + top veneer, I promise! :lol: - and then I ' ll disclose also the secret if there are screws or just prints of fittings in the glue or paint of the cavity. :wink:

Roger

Back