Best place for buying Celestion Alnico Blue.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
I'd like you told me where is the best place(reliable and cheaper) for buying a Celestion Alnico Blue.I have read somewhere they are Chinese made now so I'd prefer a UK made one.I am running my Mission Amps 5e3 tweed deluxe(head) through a 1x12 pine homemade cab with a Celestion Vintage 30 but I am pretty sure this amp needs an alnico speaker.
Any other recomendation is welcome(Fane,Weber.....)
Thanks you all for help.

Luis, try these guys. mojo tone.com or antique radio supply.com They both carry every thing you might need and they ship worldwide.

Hi Luis,

What about these currently on UK ebay. I haven't heard the Fane version but I haven't heard anything bad about it either. Probably a lot cheaper too.

Celestion Blue
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23794&item=3736094238&rd=1

Fane equivalent
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23794&item=3735756314&rd=1

Thank you both Sun and Lee.
Sun,I have bought several things for my 5e3 fron Steve on Atique Electronic Supply and I was very satisfied,top notch service,but I have to pay more for shipping plus customs.I have asked Celestion distributor for US but he told me not to sell overseas.

Lee,what a excellent price for a Alnico Blu, and brand new!I have never hear a Fane loudspeaker,are on a par with Celestions?
But I have never bought anything from ebay,I don't know how it works.Anybody can help me?

Sorry Luis, I forgot that being on the other side of the big pond presents a major shipping problem and exspense. I dont know if Allparts uk. Sells amp parts and speakers but they might be able to help. 8)

Thanks Lee.I did not won the Blue on the auction altough I tried it.
Does anyone know any other shop in UK or Germany seelling Celestions fore a good price?

Hi.

Have you considered a Fane Alnico Axiom Blue speaker ?

Made to sound & look like an original Blue Bulldog, but can handle more power.

I use a single 8ohm in my 1x12 cab & it's superb. Cost me ?148 about 2 years ago.

Thanks G :eek:

Thanks for the info Goddardo.

Any link for a place to get them?

Hi.

Try this link, then select drivers. The Axiom Blue is there.
Not sure of price now, but it was around ?148 when I got mine 1 - 2 years back. They take a while to play in, but mine sounds superb now.
Would go great with any head, or in a combo.
Matamp use them as their top spec driver.

www.fane-acoustics.com

Thanks G :p

luis said:
I'd like you told me where is the best place(reliable and cheaper) for buying a Celestion Alnico Blue.I have read somewhere they are Chinese made now so I'd prefer a UK made one.I am running my Mission Amps 5e3 tweed deluxe(head) through a 1x12 pine homemade cab with a Celestion Vintage 30 but I am pretty sure this amp needs an alnico speaker.
Any other recomendation is welcome(Fane,Weber.....)
Thanks you all for help.

Luis -

You might find that the alnicos don't sound so great with an American style tweed circuit...

Look into the Weber signature stuff or just a really efficient JBL.

YMMV

Steve E

* velcro-fly * said:
Luis -

You might find that the alnicos don't sound so great with an American style tweed circuit...

Steve E

All Fender Tweed Amps originally came with Alnico Speakers.It's the sound of early rock n roll
Watto 8)

Thanks Roe but Avatar in in USA and I have to pay VAT forn it.I finally got a VOX labelled blue alnico used in my country,I was lucky.I put it on my 1x12" DIY cab,my tweedy is a head(more comfortable to carry).I tested yesterday my "new" LS150 with a pair of Burstbuckers 1&2 and I can say it's a new guitar now.I love BB2(8,25k) at bridge,a lot of harmonics,it's the first time I use bridge position AND i LIKE IT....

Back