Have you noticed?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20 century boy

Reaction score
The guitars that hasn't been played so much, and kept in their cases for years and years doesn't sound as good as the one that have been played a lot.

Playing a guitar make the wood sounds better?

Yes it is in my experience,and the same goes for new guitars that afeter playing everyday become beeter (more open and resonant).I would compare it to your old t-shirt(the one you always ended dressing most and feeling it as very comfortable).It's specially noticed on hollow body guitars as jazz guitars/335 style,acoustics and spanish ones.I 've noticed the guitars does not sound good-any kind of dead-on rainy days (there is a lot of humidity here-above 80% most of the time).

No different to cricket bats, golf clubs or jeans really.. they all feel better once they've been used. I really can't understand people who buy guitars and then lock them away to never be played. Obsessive possesional disorder... kinda like collecting Star Wars figures and never opening the **** packet :)

20 century boy said:
Playing a guitar make the wood sounds better?
Yes, and one of the reasons why e.g. certain Stradivari violins are given (not sold) to excellent violinists instead of locking them away.

Back