Tune of the day

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orvilleowner said:
Right on! I'll go with Evil from Cactus.

I just learned that there is a bit of a Cactus reunion underway.

Apparently, Bogert & Appice did some recording with Jim McCarty.
The original idea was for Peter French to do the vocals (and perform at an upcoming Swedish Rock Fest, in June), but it's reported on Carmine's web site that Jimmy Kunes is doing the vocals on the studio tracks. (The vocals are probably done since it was reported that they were started two weeks ago.) I don't know if French is still lined up for that June gig. I'd guess not if there's another guy doing the current recording.

Kunes did an album with Kim Simmonds (under the band name KSB).

Jim McCarty is one major Under-Rated guitarist! He kills!

That's cool to hear! Although that Pete French guy is the guy who sang on the "'Ot & Sweaty" live album right? That album was actually my first exposure to Cactus and I wasn't impressed at all. Took me about another 12 years to discover the original band and start liking them. :)

Jim

That's cool to hear! Although that Pete French guy is the guy who sang on the "'Ot & Sweaty" live album right? That album was actually my first exposure to Cactus ...

That's right, he was on that half live/half studio release. It was my first exposure to Cactus as well.

... and I wasn't impressed at all. Took me about another 12 years to discover the original band and start liking them.

I liked that album & version of Cactus a lot. Like you, it took me a few years (not 12) to hear the original band. I found a used version of "Restrictions" for fifty cents! But I didn't completely hear the first 2 albums until I bought the recent Rhino studio & live packages. Those are great.

I did pick up a couple Rockets albums to get more Jim McCarty. His work with the Buddy Miles Express is HARD to find ...

This is a special tune, just for Hans Jurgen.

I just checked out his album cover 'Bottleneck'.

I love the back cover Hans...So....

The Clash ~ 1977.

Back