Truss rod cover

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry' not worked out how to post img/links yet? but just had a look on ebay' and there is one on there from guitarparts resource....... buy it now .$11 +$5p/p to the U.K! Get in there!!! :wink:

I just got one h4e!

Must have been a different seller 'cos it only cost me $10 + $3 shipping (?7.73 total).

Complete bargain!

(You can choose whatever variant you like by the way. I DID get the 'Standard' lettered one in the end. Well...what the hell! :)

Cheers for your help!! :wink:

Having taken the measurements of my 05 tokais, which came up as 6 cm and 5.2 cm (for the overall and hole distances), I'm gonna order a couple of "Standard" TRCs from ebay.

I should've done this sooner cause I ordered something else from this seller earlier this week! So hopefully they'll fit, if anyone has success or fail it'd be cool to report back and mention your model/year.

By the way deadman, who was your seller?

Same as yours Snake.

This is a complete bargain, isn't it?

Have you seen how much he's selling scratchplates for aswell?

Yeah! That's what I ordered earlier in the week, the pick guard! I just ordered the TRC, I went for a plain one cause it's for an SG which I just got today. The TRC is a great bargain!

Incidentaly the fretboard seems to be a bit, hmm, sticky, not sticky so much as, when I run my finger accross it (like doing a bend), they judder, this doesn't happen on any of my other guitars, be they well looked after or not. I dunno if this is cause it's brand new, they said they only got it in on friday and I have never owned such a box fresh guitar. I was thinking of putting some fast fret on there.. I think I would best describe the feel, and sound, as being creaking.. anyway that's totally random and unrelated..

Yeah I couldn't agree more. Seems too good to be true!

As for your SG, sounds like that mother just needs breaking in (although I've never had that problem before).

Could be summat to do with whatever sealant is on there (if any).

Fast fret and loads of playing should cure it. Let us know how you got on.

I got mine today, and despite measuring the tokai cover before hand, it doesn't fit. It's a matter of mm difference. What I am going to do is make a slight adjustment to the cover, rather than making an adjustment to the holes on the headstock.

I plan on: 1 shaving a small ammount off the bottom of the bell cover (litterly 1/2 mm), then widen the holes so they go over the tokai trc's holes. Yes this will change the shape ever so slightly, but I think it won't be noticable.

As for the holes shape, the heads of the screws should pretty much cover the difference. I hope, after a rough look having had 5 or 6 hours sleep over the past few days.

My newly-arrived MIK Love Rock's truss-cover seems to have only ONE screw holding it on....I haven't removed it yet, but is there room for a bottom screw in the case of using a "standard" replacement?

One screw holding it on? So surely it spins 180 degrees tom? :eek:

Got mine too Snake. Absolute quality. Just have to wait for my 150 to arrive so I can fit it now.

guess my ignorance is showing...

I read elsehere on the forum that the one-screw trc is what the MIK models sold in Canada have....I sure don't like it though!

Sorry for the spew.

I have seen Gibsons and Epiphones with single screw TRCs. I'm not sure if the one on the Epiphone was after market, but I am fairly sure the Gibson wasn't. My advice would be to take the cover off and have a looksee if you have any other holes or space that's being covered up.

Yeh Deadman, I will def be ordering from that seller again, I got a pick guard from them too. They have a nice set of stuff there.

If there is any space for a single screw in the centre? If you can take a measurement of the cover from the centre of the hole to the bottom of the cover, as well as a measure of the overall length of the cover.

I can measure the same distances on my Gibson (2 hole) style cover, and an Epiphone (3 hole) cover, if you don't have access to them.

Anyway, I personally think that, if you CAN fit it, 2 screw covers simply look nicer than 3 screw covers. They alter the shape to fit the extra screw on, it's just a little thing I guess, but I really preffer the 2 screw ones.

tokails80black8tq.jpg

:roll:

Latest posts

Back