Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleaning Tokais
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clmazza
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to ponder...

Too much oil on any fret board (Ebony or Rosewood) will cause the board to swell and may possibly "pop" a few frets.

An overly dry fret board will cause the wood to shrink and cause the fret tangs to push out. It may also cause the binding to dislodge or crack if the ends of your frets are so equipped.

My advice would be to maintain a gentle balance between the two. If you play the guitar quite often, the fret board will require less conditioning due to the natural oils in your skin being absorbed by the wood.

If you play a guitar less seldom, LIGHTLY oil once a year.

I have over forty guitars and have found that proper conditioning is essential to maintaining a "healthy" fret board.

Chuck
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got those new micro fiber clothes and I really like a 100% cotton towel. But I don't go overboard on polishing because you are removing a little of the finish each time you wipe it down. You have to admit Bruno These LS145S guitars are artwork.

Mark
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

each day that goes by I adore this guitar more and more, I'm with you tunafreak, the specs say this fretboard is not brazilian rosewood (jacaranda), but it sure could fool me, it even has those dark/brown stricks so peculiar about the brazilian ones...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: