Wave to mp3 file conversion

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisheyes

Reaction score
Does anyone know what software I should use to change my recorded wave files into mp3 with ?

Thanks in advance

Usually a recording software already has an encoder or at least offers the option to include one, e.g. Audacity where you would only have to download the LAME DLL (lame_enc.dll) and tell the software where to find it. Here's a download site that always has the latest version available:

http://www.rarewares.org/

New versions of Winamp also come with this DLL in the plugin directory, by the way.

Generally the open source encoder LAME is your best option if you don't have any other software with a licensed MP3 encoder already. As far as I know the Windows Media Player 9 or 10 also includes one which is able to use more than 56 kbps/mono for encoding.

hans-j?rgen said:
Usually a recording software already has an encoder or at least offers the option to include one, e.g. Audacity where you would only have to download the LAME DLL and tell the software where to find it.

Cheers Hans-Jurgen that has got me off and running now. :D

The Rifftracker program that I use with the Guitar Port only has the facility to mix to wav or ogg format :(

I've been able to compress my recording from 6.9Mb to 0.7Mb now

Cheers

you can also make mp3 with regular Media Player in you computer - just rip it from cd
otherwise all audio sw can do that (cubase, nuendo, protools, wavelab,....)

Latest posts

Back