Which Love Rock is this?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. The Serial number is only 65 lower than mine. The headstock angle/shape looks the same as mine (LS-200).

Shown on eBay is a 2001 Love Rock. I always thought that the LS-320's and LS-200's had flamed tops and the LS-75Q had the quilted top.

Check out this link:
http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/tokai_guitar/t_ls/ls75q_vf.html

Doesnt it look like the same guitar? hmmmm. Just looks like they mounted the pickguard that comes with it and maybe swapped pickups but i would doubt that. It comes with PAF type pickups.

I'd say it's a LS-75Q, available for around $600 new, $700 with Tokai case. Maybe if you added the $200 to ship it, you're looking at a total of $900 delivered and after taxes.

Dana

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana on 2002-07-06 12:00 ]</font>

Hi Barry ,

The guitar is 2001 and Japanese made, that's for sure. The photos do not show enough of the body in detail to determine the actual model.

Still, the serial number is there and maybe an email to Tokai Gakki requesting the guitar model this serial number belongs to would clear up any doubts.
It could be an LS320...or LS200... or LS75Q.

There is not enough to go on.

Peter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Peter Mac on 2002-07-07 02:59 ]</font>

Look at this link. I was never aware they made an LS-220.

http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/tokaic.html

It's tough to see what it says next to it. Obvious in this pic its a quilted top.

Dana

I would tend to agree with Dana, unless otherwise stated it looks like an LS75Q-VF.

I sold one of these about 4 weeks ago, the headstock angle was the same.

Oh and since it was SH it sold for a lot less than ?1000!

I reckon someone is going to get shafted if they're not careful.

Still caveat emptor eh!

GB

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: guitarboy on 2002-07-08 13:24 ]</font>

My money is on an LS75Q because it looks like a rosewood fretboard rather than a very dark ebony board found on the more expensive models.

Latest posts

Back