Laneys

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadman

Reaction score
Who has one or has any experience of them?
I'm currently in the market for a new all-tube and like the look of the VC30 or VC50 212.

I supose I should take my guitar down to a store that stocks it but I live in the sticks. Anyone got any input for me anyway? Thanks in advance :wink:

Hi Dead' I had a VC50 2X12 combo, great amp! VERY LOUD!!!!! and great looks to' loadsa chrome!

IMO' cant match Marshall, but never the less a graet amp. 8)

Yeah math2014 rates them too.

I'm going to try a TSL122 aswell on that basis h4. Cheers for replying!

had one of those to! :eek: :lol: again great amp' a bit to busy for my liking' prefer my jcm800, a lot less knobs to twiddle!

Of the two' i'd say the TSL is a lot more versatile than the Laney' and if AC/DC , Lizzy all the way to Metallica type stuff is your thing than it's gotta be the Marshall! 8)

To be honest I'm more likely to be knocking out something by The Jam at the moment.

As long as it can rock your socks without breaking up then I don't care. Clean tone is quite important too, I like to plug my acoustic in now and again.

I used to own a Fender Twin and it was a bit too clean though. I had Groove Tubes in it and the clean was pure ecstasy.
It used to break up a bit too much and make your ears bleed at anything above 2 though.

The Laney TT's are supposed to be great amps, comparable to the Marshall TSL range. I used to have a TSL122, and the clean channel was superb, crystalline even (especially with a hint of reverb). The OD channel's great for setting on the "just breaking up" setting, but I found the Lead channel a bit "JCM900 Fizzy". Sold it because I wasn't using 3 channels, and was only using it at home. Even with the VPR switch on, it was still far too loud to use at home! If you're thinking about using it at home, buy an attenuator! ;)

I was recently thinking about getting a Laney GH50L & a 2x12 cab. Laney should push their products a bit more.

The decision is getting harder by the minute skybone.

The attenuator is an issue for me. I've even thought about buying a Cornford Harlequin to avoid that and mic up for gigs.

I'll wait till my LS150 arrives and take it round the stores I think.

I can't believe it. At practise tonight I plugged my Strat into my mate's new Laney Hardcore bass amp.

It sounded 10 times better than my Marshall AVT. :eek:

I'm getting me a Laney now for sure!!!!

Hunt around and see if you can pick up a second hand Laney Linebacker 100watt Tube Head from the eighties.
I used to use one and it kicked some serious butt..!!
I swapped an old '70's Marshall JMP head as a straight swap for it.
I swapped the Laney for a Mesa Boogie a coiple of years later coz I was "giving up" playing live and didn't need the power of the laney.
A bad move seeing as how I now am back gigging with bands and NEED some grunt.
I have to resort to using a Marshall MGdfx50 through a 4x12 Celestion quad.
I run a Zoom G2 multi effects unit through the clean channel using the amp modelling and use the dirty channel as a lead boost.
Sounds passable ..............just.

Latest posts

Back