Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My LS-145S GT has arrived

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: My LS-145S GT has arrived Reply with quote

tokai LS-145S GT photos:

Last edited by bruno on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love those Tokai fretboards! My Gibson should have one half so nice. And those inlays are exceptional.

The mahogany back may not be the choicest slab Tokai ever used, but it looks one piece and has character. In fact the whole guitar looks like a keeper.
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind words, thank you, it is a keeper, amazing guitar, I'm still in shock actually, the picture don't do it justice, it smells like lacquer, and the goldtop is deep an not brigth, it's very mellow looking... I'm not terribly experienced les paul wise, but even though the neck is chuncky it's not overly so, very confortable, I'm very used to fenders, this looks like a 59 profile I would say, chuncky but very very confortable...
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great looking axe bruno, Mine has some lines also . Just look at the end grain and you will see it is in fact one nice piece of mahogany! That is a long tenon joint. The pups are also put in solid wich some others don't do. Yes Bruno, It will smell for a few weeks. Then you can give it a good wax. I think you will find it to be one of the best guitars that you will ever play! I think thr wood is excellent!!!

Mark
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup it's a long tenon alright, the tenon heigh is lower than the cavity deck (which is lower on humbucker guitars), but I've checked and the tenon is there... I've also checked the lines in the grain, it's a one piece, because there is continuaty at the edge of the body... the wood appears to be great upclose... the guitar is light, not heavy at all

I wasn't expecting cloth covered wire when I removed the pickups... it's a real dream I'm still drooling despite the long wait I had (portuguese customs are total crap) I'm very satisfied

as soons as my tweed deluxe clone is finished I'll post a thorough review and sound samples

Last edited by bruno on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Deadman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Bruno.

That is a beautiful guitar. Enjoy it!
math2014
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats man! that is a great guitar!

I wonder if the tenon looks like this on LS60-70-85 etc etc.
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys...

math the tenon on those is diferent, but it's still very good and certainly different from standard gibson (tokai's tenon is better), the small "tongue" doesn't extend into the cavity on those, but it's still a long type of tenon, or medium if you will
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: My LS-145S GT has arrived Reply with quote

bruno wrote:
I have a few questions of my own, I removed the neck pickup to see the deep joint, it does extend but not at the same level as the deck of the cavity, probably because the cavity is not as deep as in a humbucker guitar... (this is clearly visible in the first photo, the tongue extends from the neck but it's not as tall as the cavity deck)...

"At last! At last!" So they kept their word with delivering it end of February, right? That's a long neck tenon, by the way, it doesn't get any longer than that on humbucker guitars either.

Quote:
the other thing, which I first got pissed at was it didn't look like a one piece back there are two grains that cross the length of the body that look like glue surfaces, but due to the look of the grain at the edge of the body I think they aren't glue lines at all, they are straight lines of grain, but maybe you can give me your opinion on this to, these are visible in the second and third photos)

I agree that you could be tricked by this long straight line on the back, but picture no. 5 shows the side of the body on the bottom, and there's no straight line, only the nice vertical graining. You could also check the pickup switch cavity, because the line runs through it. Congrats on the first LS145S in Europe, and now go play her!
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually thank you hans, you are a largely guilty part on this acquisition, your tokais/pickups shoot out, did play a large role in getting my attention...

I'm checked and rechecked it's a long tenon alright, and a one piece back(gorgeous too)

also thanks to tunafreak, who he a really nice guy...

and to togps and villager, whom I almost bought great guitars from... (these guys are good sellers)

ps.- hans I'll be playing some ZZ on it too :wink:
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way serial number on it is: 0610558
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruno wrote:
actually thank you hans, you are a largely guilty part on this acquisition, your tokais/pickups shoot out, did play a large role in getting my attention...
ps.- hans I'll be playing some ZZ on it too

You're welcome! My favorite Les Paul/P-90 tone is from the early Les Dudek albums though, that's where I first heard this unique tone.
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll most defintly check those out...
bruceboomstick
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking guitar - I love goldtops with soapbars - it just looks so right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: