Truss rod cover

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadman

Reaction score
Just a quick question guys:

Will a G***on LP Standard truss rod cover fit a Tokai LR?

Cheers.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5327&highlight=

Gibson truss rod covers won't fit modern tokais unless you fill and re-drill one of the holes.

I was thinking about this recently. I thought about shaping my own truss rod cover. I'm in the process of making a custom pick guard for a strat style guitar, although it will have to be more fiddley than that, has to be worth a try..?

Interesting, Snake. Good luck with it.

Oh and thanks Ganzua, don't fancy drilling holes in my prospective LS150 though!!! :-? :lol:

Yes, it will fit on a Japanese two screw one. I put a genuine Gibson bell shaped one on my Love Rock Junior.

yep! just put a Gibson TRC on my LS120............... Perfect fit............... and looks. :wink:

hammer4ever said:
yep! just put a Gibson TRC on my LS120............... Perfect fit............... and looks. :wink:

So, do they fit ok? Did you have problems with the metric screws?

ganzua said:
So, do they fit ok? Did you have problems with the metric screws?

Why would you have problems? You'd just re-use the orignial ones.

It seems Tokai have changed their TRC dimensions recently because the bell didn't fit my '01 love rock. Had to have one made for me.

As Paladin says' just use the original screws.......... and to be honest' they look a lot better than the gibson one's supplied! (smaller)
But yeah' the holes line up exactly. :wink:

Ooopps!!!! :oops: You are right!

I'm thinking in getting a metallic chromed trussrod cover for my future Tokai.

That's great if you can fit Gibson truss rod covers to modern Tokais, I read that the vintage ones where the same height, but at some point they changed it.. According to someone on ebay selling Les Paul TRCs, a Gibson cover is 6 cm from end to end, and 5.2 cm from hole to hole. I'll have to check the hole to hole dimentions of my tokai when I get home, but if anyone has the information to hand that'd be cools.

I've used Rockinger bell style trussrod cover sucessfully,just have to climb just a little the screws into the holes,be careful and you got it.

Ok thank you luis.

I'm actually pleased that I missed the Standard one.

I just fancy a black one now.

I've put several Gibson truss covers on my Tokais. It is not an exact fit. You have to make another hole for it to fit. It has been this way on my LS-200 and LS-320 from about 2001.

You had the same problem as Paladin, buckwild. The 2001 (ish) models won't accomodate the re-fit.

As Rigidigit and hammer4ever have stated though, theirs fit well. So it DOES seem that Tokai changed the dimensions somewhat :wink:

When did that happen?

i got a 2003 model and i wonder if it will take a Gibson TRC.

Well in any case i ll carve my own with a pearl crest of some sort on it

math2014 said:
When did that happen?

i got a 2003 model and i wonder if it will take a Gibson TRC.

It'd certainly be a useful tidbit to know. Gibson's TRC's look a LOT better than Tokai's elipses so retrofits would probably be a popular mod. The Historic TRC's with the wide white edges look the best but unfortunately they're ridiculously overpriced. :(

got mine off of ebay' U.S.A $$$........... 'guitarparts resource'. including p/p it worked out at just under a tenner, and took a week to get here. Genuine Gibson vac packed part, and a DEFINATE perfect fit. :wink:

Latest posts

Back