CAN U GET A TOKAI les paul JUNIOR type guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humpy

Reaction score
just as the post says i am after a gibson les paul junior with 1 p90 pick up. But if tokai do them or have ever then i want one.
I have a love rock and its great just need some new sounds-- if any one can please post a link-- many thanks

Humpy you can see then on Tokai 2000 catalogue.See it.
You can ask Yoshi at Universe guitarshop for a price.

i have not got a catalogue and has this yoshio guy got a web site as i ahve no contact details for him.

Here's the catalog link:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai20012.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beerslinger on 2002-06-25 22:26 ]</font>

I have one! I bought it from songbird music in toronto made in japan sound is a little bright for a p-90 but good!

hi, i phoned the store in denmark street ANDYS they want ?600. for a guitar with a flat top and only 1 pick up----- i could have a basic love rock for just ?59 more why is this--- is the guy trying to kid me or what.
mr dist- how much did u pay for yours if u do not mind me asking

With hard case and shipping about $650 us Yoshi at guitar universe was a little less but was out of stock at the time.Hope this helps,Mr. Dist.

I don't think shops are taking the p*ss.

What I would say is happening is they're getting guitars from Japan that blow away the rest of their stock and the price (if they did a proper conversion) would make Gibson/Fender/PRS etc look totally over-inflated, which they are!

It happened in the 80's and it's happening again - no-one can live with Tokai for VFM.

Don't be surprised if they don't get shut out again soon and we have to wait another 15 years for them to re-appear.

BTW I just bought a LS LTD which is outrageous! If you see one of these satin beauties buy it, I can't say enough about how good these one-offs are.

GB

I also saw the two Juniors (one has a nick in the finish) in Andy's along with a wine red SG60.

I enquired about all 3 and the guy said they were all ?600. I told him that the UK list price on all of these models was ?599 (I got this info from emailing Tokai Guitars UK Ltd). He then said he would do either of them for ?550.

Andy's state that they like to haggle so never take the first price they give you.

He also said they can order in any Tokai model you require.

Steve.

Barry,

Agreed but price is not always about DM costs. UK shops are getting guitars of a quality that would undermine the value of the rest of their stock hence the price hike.

They are setting the price of Tokai's by what they perceive their value to be compared with what else is on offer.
They are great guitars and the dealers know it!

GB

Ok then lads--- i can get a tokai for say ?550 or a gibson junior (the real thing for ?600 with a gig bag! NOW i cant see tat the percieved value of a tokai can be that of a gibson--- they are taking the p1$$. ?50 here nor there is nothing but to compare USA and jap cant result in just ?50 now can it?

I think I've had a gripe about dealer pricing in the UK before. The difference in rrp price between a ls-65 and ls-70 is Yen 5,000. This is about ?30. The dealers though feel it justified to accelerate this price difference by ?150 when the guitars land in the UK. Therefore the ls-65 is marked up at ?599 and the ls-70 at ?749. It would not be difficult for an individual to order the ls-65 or 70 (or a Love Rock 'junior') from a Japanese retailer with a Tokai hardshell case and get away with the complete outfit for less than ?650 including postage and importation taxes. Dealers are there to take a profit too as any business is entitled to do but the price differences in the UK seem pretty hard to justify.

Humpy,

I guess I was more focused on Love Rock's and ES' rather than the junior when posting my comments.

I agree that the differential between the Junior and LR seems a bit odd to say the least.

However w.r.t UK pricing I still say that dealers are pricing them according to the quality of the instrument.

What you have to consider is that Tokai's are Gibson LP standard quality at Epiphone prices.

Dealers are looking at that ?1.5k Gibson or ?2k PRS and then at that ?400 Tokai and they *know* that even at ?800 the buyer is still getting a 'good deal', so up goes the price.

As with all things in this capitalist world something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, Tokai's are going out of the shops faster than the distributor can import them, so from their perspective the pricing appears about right.

Lower prices - I wish - then I could get a couple more at least!

GB

Latest posts

Back