how come tokai is taking so long...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Quality before quantity..." ;) At least that was their official motto in the early '80s catalogs and probably still is. Velcrofly posted elsewhere that he was told they won't build LS230 or higher models until the summer, probably because of that very same reason, i.e. they have too many back orders to deliver at the moment.

bruno said:
why is tokai taking so long to release the new catalog guitars???
It is hard for Tokai getting high grade maple planks at present time.
Even the price for it is increasing.

Tokai only uses higher grade woods and it's not an easy task getting nowadays.Tokai guitars demand has been increased a lot since time ago when we started this Tokai thing on the internet.Simply, they don?t want to put any kind of wood and ruining their reputation I guess,they have always concentrated in quality as opposed to quantity and I can tell this from my personal experience.
Just be patience and you'll be regarded for sure :wink: .Just think nowadays Tokais holds easily its original value if not higher(just check Reborns and early 80's Love Rocks ones).

well I'm not expecting tokai to reply mails, I'm dealing with ishibashi anyways... I can't wait to my hands on my ls-145s

seriously? I doubt that, even ishibashi's orders haven't arrived yet...

edit: I'll be... you're right, that are for sale at digimart already... there's a ls-230 there already, what's up with that?

I wouldn`t be making this up...
there are 2 new Tokai 150s in a local shop...one gloss one matte finish, along with a bunch of 75 and 85 models.
May be Ishibashi has ordered a specific series, which is very common in Japan, with other makers as well... not sure.

can anybody let me know why the headstocks on the coda musics ls models in there web cat pics show theese guitairs to have the original gibson headstock,my jap als 60 g,tops got the xtra wave which i thought was to stop them being sued by gibson dont get me wrong it looks great but i thought they couldnt copy it exactly,i also noticed that guitar village has a pic of a relic love rock this to has got the orig gibson headstock.

I have heard that the factory that make the Strat type guitars for Tokai are currently making guitars for Fender and that is why there is a shortage in the Uk of those guitars at present

Dunno if that applies to all models, or just the Strat type stuff

Latest posts

Back