Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paisley Love Rock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted a paisley Love Rock in Denmark Street today. Now apparently, these are quite rare according to the last Ebay auction of this model a couple of weeks ago. They are new, but supposedly made in Japan. It seems that Tokai only built them as a fancy exhibition piece for shows. Most turned up here in the UK but there are a couple in America.

Having seen one in the flesh I?m not sure I like the looks now. But the pictures on Ebay sure looked good and I was tempted.

Any other news on this version?

Skybone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to the guy who owns Wizard Guitars in Doncaster a while ago (about a year or so), and he was telling me about some custom order Tokai's he was getting in, which he had made the order through the Distributor, who is relatively local to the area.

When he told me about his custom order for 3 Paisley Love Rocks, I smirked and thought of the Paisley Tele's, and then thought of ordering a "Black Beauty" Custom loaded with P90's (there's a thought Tokai insider's.....HINT HINT).

These things seem to be cropping up all over the place and now there's Paisley SG's too!
guitarboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Gallary in Oxford have one of the paisley SG's.

There appears to be two finishes one is a dark burst the other is a cherry burst.
If you have a look at Wizard guitars you'll see examples of both.
I think the cherry is 'interesting' but the dark burst is ugly!

GB

[ This Message was edited by: guitarboy on 2002-06-19 07:52 ]
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 Paisley Tele's and never paid more than $300 with case, the one I got for $300 the guy threw in a Tokai "Champ" Amplifier!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: