DELETED

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont worry about the veneer.. as underneath that there is a 2 piece solid plain maple top.. u can see the maple cap joining the mahogany back inside the pickup route or on the inside of the bottom horn...

the veneer is just there to give the effect of a solid flamed or solid quilt top...

i have an LS85Q its pretty much the same as the 80F but mine has a quilted veneer and IMO it plays better than any gibson i have layed my hands on!!!!

Dave

Here is mine (in the UK it's the 70F)- I've had it for a month and it is fantastic in every respect. It has great sustain and overal LP tone, it's a comfortable weight and plays great straight from the box.

flame.jpg

Mines Heritage Dark Cherry - which is quite a lot darker than standard cherry sunburst.

I know a lot of people go for the violin finish - probably the most popular finish for any LP type guitar.

I've recently become a fan of the translucent red and blue finishes.

Topographik said:
Dealer in my town said , that guitars will arrive only on the next week , so sad... :cry:
By the way : this is an veneer?

Yes, that's a veneer. Undeneath the veneer is a full thickness layer of solid maple.

Since the veneer is real wood, it will have some dynamics and change appearance as it moves.

Latest posts

Back