Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Tele Bridges?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a MIJ Tokai Tele with the vintage style 3 saddle ashtray bridge. I am changing to a 6 saddle ashtray bridge. Will a Fender bridge fit exactly.

Why would they even make a 3 saddle bridge, intonation is hard enough to achieve without having to compromise with two strings.

My guitar is a beatiful 62 copy.
lawtone
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings I have an original 6 saddle MIJ Tele Bridge that I would be willing to swap for your three saddle bridge. My bridge is off a 1981 Breezysound, and I assume it would fit yours perfectly, Cordially, Bill.
Glenn
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the offer, but I want to keep the original just in case I don't like the 6 saddle.
lawtone
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have found that the older Tokai tele bridges have a slightly wider hole spacing for the 4 mounting screws than a standard Fender replacement. You may have to drill and dowel new mounting holes, if your tele is pretty old. Similarly many of the older Spaghetti logo Strats have neck plates with hole spacing quite different from Goldstar sound or standard Fender spacing. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: