Tokai Tele Bridges?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn

Reaction score
I have a MIJ Tokai Tele with the vintage style 3 saddle ashtray bridge. I am changing to a 6 saddle ashtray bridge. Will a Fender bridge fit exactly.

Why would they even make a 3 saddle bridge, intonation is hard enough to achieve without having to compromise with two strings.

My guitar is a beatiful 62 copy.

Greetings I have an original 6 saddle MIJ Tele Bridge that I would be willing to swap for your three saddle bridge. My bridge is off a 1981 Breezysound, and I assume it would fit yours perfectly, Cordially, Bill.

I appreciate the offer, but I want to keep the original just in case I don't like the 6 saddle.

Thanks for the reply. I have found that the older Tokai tele bridges have a slightly wider hole spacing for the 4 mounting screws than a standard Fender replacement. You may have to drill and dowel new mounting holes, if your tele is pretty old. Similarly many of the older Spaghetti logo Strats have neck plates with hole spacing quite different from Goldstar sound or standard Fender spacing. Good luck.

Back