Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking on a Tokai Dealership - Which Models Do You Like?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Taking on a Tokai Dealership - Which Models Do You Like? Reply with quote

Hiya Guys

I've been looking in this forum with some interest as my business is on the verge of taking on a significant Tokai dealership here in the UK. We would have access to their range of MIK and MIJ guitars.

We currently deal with Washburn Guitars in the main as we really think they are excellent value for money, build quality is ace...even on the cheap ones, and they sound fantastic. For the SAME reason, we want to stock Tokai too - you guys reitterate what i've always thought about them. Kick Arse guitars!

We will be buying a load of guitars, so I just thought i'd find out what the Tokai Faithful would like to see available.

We will be doing, Flying Vs, Explorers, ALS48s, 50Qs, LC70/80 (depending on which codes you are still working on) LS70/80, LS75/85 as well as the LRIIs, and even LS150 all in a range of colours, tops, finishes etc.

There are probably some i've missed out.

So what i was hoping you might like to suggest your favourite models...give us a bit of an idea of what we need to get in.

Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chrisheyes
Guitar God


Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 714
Location: NW England

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Les Paul Junior copy with P-90's seems to be what some guys have been looking for lately.


I must admit I'd like to try one out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 1740
Location: Hamburg, Germany

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea to ask here first in my opinion. I miss the ES series in your list, because the Tokai copies are probably the closest to the originals and should sell independent from the latest fashion. Same is true for high end Love Rocks, but only if don't try to sell Gibson Historics in the same shop. And if you're able to order new MIJ Tokai Strats from the UK distributor (somehow the Finnish people can), those would probably be a no-brainer as well. Generally I would concentrate on the MIJ stuff with exact specs, because there are already many MIK Tokais in the UK right now. And stay away from those weirdos that claim to be Tokais with different logos etc., if anybody offers them to you.
_________________
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg"
INDIGO ROCKS "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mike martin
Guitar God


Joined: 24 Jun 2003
Posts: 276

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definatly the japanese loverocks. and japanese strats IF SOME ONE STILL HAS ANY . i know that there are a few in a couple of shops here but these are old stock but still brand new. i emailed ishibashi last year trying to get one but according to noriko who translates english superbly told me that tokai do not build japanese tokais strats any more. but tried to sell me the new fender mij strat, it seems that these new strats are built by tokai. imo ive seen and played one of these new mij fenders and they do feel like a tokai . any one else got any opinions on that .they are definatly better built than older mij fenders and they also have these tex mex pickups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone - thanks for the replies.

Yes, we are already an existing guitar dealer please find our web site at http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk

We are mail order at the moment and have the web site and an ebay shop which we do a lot of business on. We really try to main the highest levels of customer satisfaction - so many guys out there are just box shifters it aint funny! We like and believe in the kit we sell and are prepared to back it up with service to match.

Plug over!

I will look into your suggestions on the strats and ES ranges etc and see what we can come up with to give the best offering.

I will be using the specific category on the forum to let you all know of new stock we get on Ebay so you can all take a look.

Personally, i'm really looking forward to giving an LC80 in white a test drive...i know they are a bit cock-rock...but i can't help myself....sometimes it is ok to indulge!! haha.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions guys, and I look forward to speaking with you all over the coming months.

Time to make some more noise with and about these fantastic guitars!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
looktoyourorb
Guitar God


Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Posts: 516
Location: UK - Anglia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the SG's!!! MIJ preferably but i heard good things about the MIK too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..wonder if a deal has been done???

No more tokai strats and tokai like Fender Jap Strats??

Wouldn't surprise me, but i don't know. If I find owt out i will let you know.


mike martin wrote:
definatly the japanese loverocks. and japanese strats IF SOME ONE STILL HAS ANY . i know that there are a few in a couple of shops here but these are old stock but still brand new. i emailed ishibashi last year trying to get one but according to noriko who translates english superbly told me that tokai do not build japanese tokais strats any more. but tried to sell me the new fender mij strat, it seems that these new strats are built by tokai. imo ive seen and played one of these new mij fenders and they do feel like a tokai . any one else got any opinions on that .they are definatly better built than older mij fenders and they also have these tex mex pickups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 1740
Location: Hamburg, Germany

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarslinger wrote:
Hmm..wonder if a deal has been done???
No more tokai strats and tokai like Fender Jap Strats??
Wouldn't surprise me, but i don't know. If I find owt out i will let you know.

That's why I mentioned the Finnish connection... It's well known and officially stated by the Tokai President here that Tokai manufactures Fender Japan guitars (= Fenders for the Japanese market) since 1997 and that Tokai Gakki doesn't produce Fender copies since then anymore:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4434

The strange thing is that every now and then someone from Finland comes up and mentions brand new "MIJ" (not MIK) Tokai Fender copies available in Finnish shops. It might be possible, because the "No more Fender copies" policy may only be valid for the domestic Japanese market and not for export models.

I don't know if or which agreements exist between the UK distributor and Tokai Gakki concerning Tokai export copies of Fenders though, that's why you should ask them if you want to offer Tokai guitars in your Ebay shop.
_________________
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg"
INDIGO ROCKS "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry mate - I will be following up the Fender Copies with the UK distributor.

They look awesome, and if they are available we'd like to sell them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LEFTY-GT
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarslinger, when you get this dealership I presume you will be taking custom from your European (Irish) fellow forum members?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course mate - Europe and the USA (Although Exchange rates can be a bit of a nightmare)

And if your screen name is anything to go by, we will be getting some left handed models in as well - Tokai don't charge any extra!

LEFTY-GT wrote:
guitarslinger, when you get this dealership I presume you will be taking custom from your European (Irish) fellow forum members?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
math2014
Guitar God


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 226

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarslinger wrote:
Of course mate - Europe and the USA (Although Exchange rates can be a bit of a nightmare)

And if your screen name is anything to go by, we will be getting some left handed models in as well - Tokai don't charge any extra!

LEFTY-GT wrote:
guitarslinger, when you get this dealership I presume you will be taking custom from your European (Irish) fellow forum members?


Are you going to take over TokaiUK or simply be a dealer of them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

math2014 wrote:

Are you going to take over TokaiUK or simply be a dealer of them?


We are not taking over Tokai UK, we are just going to be retailing the guitars. Just partaking in a bit of market research before we get the guitars in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LoveRocksRule
Guitar God


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any of the MIJ love rocks would sell man.... u should stock some LS150's or even the high end LS 320's they are truely stunning guitars and there is always somone on the hunt for these guitars and would prefer to purchase in their specific area rather than to have to get it ordered over the internet.....

i find well with me anyway i still prefer going into a guitar store and buying my guitars rather than to buy online.... i dont like the idea of purchasing somthing that i havent tried out 1st.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guitarslinger
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 379
Location: Sheffield - UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya pal

Yeah - the 150s DO look nice. We will definatly be looking at the "high end" section, as we believe they really do offer fantastic value...and you are right...someone will always want one, they are aspirational instruments. Thanks for your reply.


LoveRocksRule wrote:
any of the MIJ love rocks would sell man.... u should stock some LS150's or even the high end LS 320's they are truely stunning guitars and there is always somone on the hunt for these guitars and would prefer to purchase in their specific area rather than to have to get it ordered over the internet.....

i find well with me anyway i still prefer going into a guitar store and buying my guitars rather than to buy online.... i dont like the idea of purchasing somthing that i havent tried out 1st.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group