Is it safe to order from appolonmusic ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Jones

Reaction score
I'm planning to order my tokai guitar from www.apollonmusic.com , since Ishibashi doesn't have any of them in stock right now. Are they serious ? Is it safe to order from them ?

I've dealt with both and honestly i found Ishibashi to be the best, the guitar i got from apollon is great but i found ishibashi easier to deal with and faster to deliver due to using credit cards not paypal plus when i asked apollon about a new guitar price they quoted in US dollars and they were trying to charge an extra $100, Ishibashi do have a higher shipping fee but i took that into account when i crunched the numbers.

I guess it all depends if you want it right now or your willing to wait a week or two longer.

HTH
Steve

They gave me the prices in US$ too, and they included the japanese tax. So I guess I'll wait a little and order from Ishibashi, since I've never ever heard any complaint about them.

I recently ordered a Tokai SG75 through Apollon since the instrument was shown on their website (which made me think it was on stock). I directly made a payment through Paypal (very safe, easy and convenient).
When it appeared that the instrument was not on stock at Apollon and Tokai would not deliver them earlier as the end of February Apollon instantaneously refunded the money I already had paid. So they are quite decent and reliable. They are a little cheaper than Ishibashi on the shipping: 13000 Yen at Apollon and 16000 Yen at Ishibashi for a SG75.
However I must admit that Ishibashi is also very good, I ordered a beautiful LS85Q through them last year and it is the best and most beautiful guitar I own. I would not dare buying a Gibson online since the quality is not always constant (at least not for the cheaper models). Tokai?s always seem to have very high and constant quality which makes it safer to order them online.

Back