For sale: 1959 Gibson les Paul all original on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossi

Reaction score
I know its not a Tokai but i thought this is worth a mention :wink:
On ebay now No 7385504955 Anyone got ?225.000.00 :lol:

Most likely fraud...Bill Nash (nashguitars.com out of Olympia, WA) recently had a '59 on ebay and a couple of fraud listings using his photos followed. This was probably yet another one.

Yes hes a 1st class seller.+ no photos,you have to email him :lol:

$400k and it wasnt worth posting a pic. Do they actually have permission to sell it? No way this guitar sells via ebay. This listing cost them a few $$ and will generate a lot of buzz for the shop. Check the other forums if want read about there reputation. '1st class' is a stretch. The listing is noise. Just ike this post and the other that was copied in the for sale section :roll:

heya all
this seller is 100% but i think if you are able to buy this plank of wood i dont think your are going to pay ?20 for postage and no insurance is offered, i think that it would be advisable to hire an armoured car to get it home, then you keep it in your house with security guards protecting it :p :p :p

The pictures are certainly nice. Shame flametops aren't my thing really :D

Something to get a few forums talking anyhow...

Yea hes a genuine seller,i know some of you guys dont trust some people
and i dont blame you,but do you think i would start a post if i thought it wasnt genuine.Just email the shop thats selling it and find out for yourself
8)

It's the best way to advertise, dump it on Ebay, get various forums talking and create interest that way.

Hmmm, can someone link the auction, I can't seem to get it...

This listing (#) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

No its still there 4days 2 hours left,its not a link you have to email for the pics,thats just in case someone lifts the pics and does a scam,(good thinking) :wink:

You can dump from the forum if you like, but I know for a fact that if you want a minty fresh 1965 plexi Marshall, those friendly guys at MG can, ahem, build (oops sorry), er... source you one.

Seriously. They have a rep. Go to the Plexi Palace forum and mention those guys...

The seller is 100 pct reputable. Owns 5 guitar shops on Denmark Street in London. Don't know why forum members so uppity about the listing. Cheap advertising, that's all. I've seen 59's for $300,000 on sites in the US.

tezza-j said:
The seller is 100 pct reputable. Owns 5 guitar shops on Denmark Street in London. Don't know why forum members so uppity about the listing. Cheap advertising, that's all. I've seen 59's for $300,000 on sites in the US.

Read my last post. I would inspect anything vintage from MG personally.

Fair enough, i'll gently backpedal on my last comment. I can only comment on my dealings with them which have been fine. Being in the same city to go down and look at the gear is a bonus of course.

I don't think they are experts in every field and it seems the guys at the other forum really know their stuff. If MG are not willfully misrepresenting their gear then it's no surprise they get caught out now and again.

But, point taken.

What I am saying, is that in recent years there have been an unusually large number of mint condition early plexis appearing on ebay, and very often the seller is MG. The front-of-house people are no doubt blameless.

This is not MG-related, but a while back a roll of NOS brown "bluesbreaker" grille cloth turned up. A very few genuine Marshalls appeared with this cloth. Sure enough, in the months that followed, a number of rare-as-rockinghorse-droppings minty clean brown Marshalls appeared. Funny, that.

My own experience of the above mentioned shop has not always been a helpful experience.
Unless it's a big ?????? enquiry, I get the feeling they just don't have the time for you.
I once enquired after a greenback plastic speaker magnet cover for my Orange amp & what I heard in the background over the phone wasn't very pleasent at all, like I was wasting their time.
Similarly, They once sourced an original ???? wrapover bridge for my LP junior which wasn't cheap & it was a brand new looking heavy one, not the light alloy vintage type. I wasn't pleased, but try telling them and they don't want to know.
As long as the superstars keep frequenting their place, that's all that matters.

My advice is, go to the friendly, helpfull, realisticaly priced shop across the road
G :-?

Latest posts

Back