Tokai LoveRock pickup mounting rings?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

math2014

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to replace my cracked neck pickup surround on my LS85Q Tokai, and i was wondering which ones would fit as a direct replacement (proper bolt allignement so no drilling needed).

I know that these are medium (neck) tall (bridge) like Gibson RI ones, and not short (neck) tall (bridge) as in normal Gibson LP std.

Any ideas on dimensions/height etc?

I want to buy from either wdmusic or allparts.com

Thanks in advance

BTW, the cullprit that causes the cracking of the rings, is overtightened screws from the factory... thats what caused mines to crack.

Yannis

ive just noticed that my neck pickup surround ring is starting to crack just beside one of the screws and also in the center of it to....

i was wandering if it were at all possible to get nickel finished ones instead of plastic as theres no way steel ones are gonna crack....

does anybody know if u can get metal ones with nickel plating?????

Dave

Yes they do metal pickup rings, the thing is man, if we learn the dimensions/drilling (is it std gibson?) , we could order the correct ones.

Would it be worth creating some kind of ongoing record (like a sticky or something) where people could post all the relevant dimensions as they find them out? Even maybe a compatable spares list?

maybe one exists already - just struck me that it might be useful......

i jsut think that nikel plated surrounds would be a hella lot better then these plastic ones that come stock....

but yeah the dimension could be a prob... i would want ones that screwed straight into tht eexisisting holes.....

Dave

Latest posts

Back