What were your best guitar moments of 2005?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutton Steel

Reaction score
As it's coming to the end of the year how about sharing your best guitar moments of 2005!

Mine was taking up Bass playing as well as guitar.

Merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New Year!

Merry Xmas everyone..

Mine would have to be purchasing my first 2 Tokai (one MIK Canadian spec, one 1984 MIJ LC80).. the first of many !!!

purchasing my 1953 Epiphone Triumph Regent

AND my 1980/81 ST-80 Springy Sound

Hutton Steel said:
C'mon people! Does nobody gig?

i gig for a living but nothing spectacular happend this year. Several tours and countless club dates, society gigs etc. Also played every thurs fri sat in the same club for several months, played in about 15 states. Recorded my own record, worked on half a dozen or so others and moved to New York. I guess the moving to New York thing was pretty cool.

Other than that, just another day at the office :D

Thanks to Brad! That's his second go! Anybody else? C'mon - we're more than pickups and laminate/solid tops! What have your guitar experiences been?

sorry, do not gig nor am I part of a band so no real experiences to talk of in 2005. I have been happily recording away on my POD XT Live as I am only a bedroom hobbiest :wink:

oh yeah, and got it in just in time for the end of 2005 and just purchased a ?700 Fernandes deluxe in wine red for the magnificent price of ?300, so that has brought a smile to my face and ended 2005 nicely...

Yeah, I did one gig this year, our 25th band anniversary! :D Except that my voice was almost gone after 2/3 of the first set and my left hand started cramping at the end of the third set I guess it probably was one of my "best guitar moments 2005". 8)

The other one was subscribing to this forum in order to write up all this yada yada stuff and become a guitar god at last... :lol:

Taking part in a 12 hour charity bash for the Tsunami appeal last january. By far and away the best gig i have ever done, even though i picked the wrong guitar to use for our set, and ended up playing black sabbath with a strat and not my beloved epi!! We are taking part in another one on the 22nd in Weymouth, Dorset for the earthquake/tsunami appeal> this time with any luck i'll be using my new LoveRock!

Had my first "real" full-on electric gig in almost ten years. (We played a one setter at a benefit in 2004 but I don't count that).

Been gigging ~1/month since. I love it! I'm playing better than I ever have, and there isn't one song in our night that I don't want to play (and I plan on keeping it that way).

To top it off, I've got the tone I've always been looking for with my current rig: guitar of choice > Line 6 RotoMachine > Boss TU2 > Clyde Wah > Analogman BiComp > Zinky Superfly pre > Maxon AD900 > Maxon CS9 Pro > Voodoo Labs Tremolo > MXR MicroAmp > Superfly post > ears.

Pedal board will be reconfigured with the arrival of my Axess midi controller later this month. Right now I use a midi buddy to trigger my Zinky presets, but it's too big. Also the Roto is not attached at this point, no room! I want to get my Keeley TS9 back on, too (taken off to free up space for the bicomp).

Having a blast!

I'll have to admit, I don't play a Tokai at every gig (but most times).....

Go to www.swampcoolermusic.com if you want to hear.

Had a great guitar acquisition year too, with the addition of an R9, LS100, JV Strat and '67 SG Special!!

Oh, yeah - and guitar shopping in Ochanomizu.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4107

Latest posts

Back