1993 Orville by Gibson LPC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The batlord

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post on this forum and I am looking for some information. I have read through this forum and have discovered that many on here believe that there are quite a few "fake" guitars being sold. Is this really the case?

Anyway. I just purchased my first Orville by Gibson. I know i paid to much for it but i have been waiting to find one with the ebony board for a long time and I could afford to splurge on it. :wink:

Here are some photos...

eb.jpg

ebhead.jpg

I cannot make out the entire serial number but i believe the first two numbers are 3 1xxx. Here's the photo...

ebneck.jpg

Here's a shot of the neck pick-up...

ebtenon.jpg

I was told this guitar has an ebony fretboard and I believe this to be true by this photo...

ebboard.jpg

What other years/models are available with ebony fretboards? I hope this is an nice as my '85 Tokai LPC!

Thanks. I love the 93/94 LPCs. I've read that they are arguably the best Orvilles made.

Does anyone have any more info on these?

I've got one of those ObG LPCs too: made in 1993 (sn G306xxx), ebony fingerboard, bound fret edges, Gibson '57 Classic pickups, except mine is in Wine Red. The top is two-piece, plain.

This high-end model is not in the 1992 catalog, so the 1993 & 1994 availability sounds right. Not having seen a 1993 or 1994 catalog, I don't know the model number or the suggested retail price.

I doubt it's fake!

I actually am not worried about it being a fake. The seller I purchased this from has an excellent reputation.

My next purchase will be another ObG LPC in wine red. I'd really like to have it with an ebony board but I doubt that will happen.

nice babe!! :)

how much did you pay for it and where did you buy it from?

I bought it off eBay for $850 US. I dunno. Maybe that's too much but it is the exact guitar I was looking for...ie it's a 93-94 ObG Custom with the ebony board and fret binding. Not to mention it looks to be in great shape and the seller has 100% positive feedback with over 800 transactions.

Ultra rare in my neck of the woods. Now if I could only find her twin sister in Wine Red just like orvilleowner's. :wink:

nah. i think that is a fair price.

$850. includes hard case and shipping?

A case was included but the shipping was extra. Either way it is exactly what I have been looking for for a long time now so it's completely worth it to me.

i think the wine red one will even be more expensive because it's really rare.

saw one at www.orangeguitar.com once and i think it was going like $1100 (i may be wrong).

all the best for your hunt!

Back