Could it be...?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james

Reaction score
Take a look at this Breezysound:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=873673292

Difficult to see as the pics are so small and fuzzy but could it be an all rosewood TTE200? Its got a dark headstock face and back of neck. The seller reckons its an 83. Could just be black paint, but might be worth an email if you're in Europe. If it is, and you get it, you owe me big time! :wink:

James

I am not totally sure but this can be a Breezysound I saw some on a japanese shop some time ago and I asked Peter for more information.I am towards a TTE-60 painted in rosewood,more than a real rosewood tele.I saw again the guitar for sale on a japanese auctions site.I don,t know how the guy could had bought it.Ask him for more information James so we will know a little more.

Peter is the same guitar?

OK, I've mailed him, so, provided that the seller's English is better than my German, we should find out soon. :smile:

Heres what I asked:

Hi
>
> Sorry, I don't speak German, so I hope English is OK.
>
> A few questions:
>
> The headstock and back of the neck look very dark in the pictures. Is the
> whole neck made of rosewood or is it just painted?
>
> Also, is the body itself rosewood or painted?
>
> Does the logo look like '7okai' or 'Tokai'?
>
> Is the bridge 3-way or 6-way?
>
> Is the guitar all original?
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Heres the seller's reply:

Hallo,
the headstock is painted rosewood.
the body is roewood or ash painted.
the logo is written in handwriting style.
all parts original.
the bridge 6-way. its a custom model.
best regards
wolfgang

Looks like its going to be difficult to tell for definite what it is, unless the seller can get some good close-up pics. Maybe it was a custom order - who knows?. Still, it sounds like a 7okai era guitar.

That,s the reply I got from the japanese seller:ash colored like rosewood,so this is the same guitar.For your information I was asked 60.000 yen.

Heres another one of these rosewood lookalikes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=891154540

Back