Print quality pictures sought

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitaristmag

Reaction score
Greetings Tokai fans,

Michael from Guitarist mag in the UK here. The mag will soon be running a feature on "lawsuit" guitars of years gone by and we are particularly seeking photos of early, pre-1985 Tokais. We figured a Tokai web forum might be a good place to start!

Because of the difference in paper printing and websites, web grabs are no good to us. Digital is perfect though, but we need 300dpi resolution. Naturally, we're particularly interested in Springy Sound or Les Paul Reborn images. We can't organise fees, but we'll credit all those who send us a pic in the mag and we'll send a copy of the mag to anyone whose shots we use. And, of course, you'll have our unending gratitude. Straight-on, detail or arty shots can be sent to:
[email protected]
This is a genuine request: much thanks to anyone who can help!

Forgive me ignorance but what is 300dpi equivalent to in resolution? I have lots of pics of my reborn that are 1024 x 768 and I have double that as well

GStormcrow sent some fabulous photos of a Les Paul Reborn, so mainly interested in an early Tokai Springy Sound now. Thanks everyone, and best wishes

Some time ago there was a direct link and a Guitarist on-line edition ,but I cannot find it now.Here is the publisher web http://www.futurenet.com/futureonline/

I'll try to send a pic to them,it's very difficult finding this magazine here in Spain now and I'd like to read that lawsuit number...

I'll take more photo's of my 1980 ST-100 and ST-80 these were the top Springy Sound Models models of the time.

I have a '79 Silver Star which was the copy of the '70 Strats too.

yeah my black springy is an st-80

i got a few good shots, one really good close-up detail of the headstock logo. They should be in yr inbox.

ok chris... see the 'show us yr tokai' thread.

Mine are in there somewhere.

For our friend here I also sent some pictures of the original hang tags that came with mine. Don't know if that will be useful or not.

I sent i think 8 pics in all but I have more where that came from.

wow this is great a write up in a UK guitar mag about Vintage Tokai's!!!!

when is this magazine gonna be in the shops and which magazine is it, Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar Technique's???

this is really great news!!!

sorry i just skim read it i thought he posted "its michael from a guitar magazine in the UK

my appologies....

no need for the sarcasm dude......

simple mistake...

anyway when is this gonna be published????

Dave

Hi all,

We're on sale on February 22 in the UK; a few days after in mainland Europe, and about a month later in the USA! The mag doesn't have a website at the moment, regrettably. A new one is in development but that didn't stop our creaky old one being pulled.

You can read a little more about our current issue here:

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=440&id=4307&custid=13@01@200648138@882892267

Thanks to everyone for their help...

Michael Leonard, Guitarist

cool. Did you get the pics of my black springy? I hope they were the right resolution, etc. If you need more let me know.

I have a couple reborn/olds and loverocks-I can take detailed pic's-it'll cost ya though.
:wink:

Still need any shots? I have a Springy sound in black that I can shoot in a studio, but it sounds like you're pretty well covered.

Cheers
Chipps (ex-Future employee, but coincidence...)

Latest posts

Back