1982 LS-60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villager

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Les-Paul-Lawsuit-Japan-1982-Vintage-Rare_W0QQitemZ7377900273QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

not laquer, not made by fuji-gen...

nice tho.

I'm actually the winner of that auction.
Now, I'm a bit nervous -- what exactly did I buy? Anything out of the ordinary to be concerned about?

Thanks!

Well, I've never seen a Love Rock with dot inlays but not all models are shown in the catalogs. And it doesn't seem to have any bindings on the body and neck. On the other hand it has the correct "Deluxe" tuners, the sticker says 60 = (T)LS-60 model. Anyway, it looks nice! I wouldn't mind owning it myself.

Mike

You know I wouldn't have batted an eye until it was brought up. But, I did check ALL the vintage catalogues and racked my brain and I can't find ANY others Love Rocks with dot markers.

That means I either have something really rare or really wrong!

Any info would be much appreciated so, I can goto bed tomorrow night and not be looking up Tokai info @ 4am!

If it's a real one, it seems to be a copy of a Les Paul Studio because of the inlays and missing bindings on neck and body. But 1982 is one of the best documented years, because the main site even has two different catalogs from that year, and there's no Studio copy in sight... :-?

The headstock with serial number and tuners looks real though, also the ABR-1 bridge indicating it's a MIJ model.

If we all here are in consensus about Tokai triying to recreate Gibbo old 50's guitars.......why a LP Studio copy?? :roll: .I wouldn't see why they didi this on early 80's when they wanted to be known for their QUALITY and ACCURACY

All good points.

With everything else (headstock, PUPS, Serial, Sticker) looking correct the dots didn't even phase me.

Maybe this was a refret that went horribly bad where they had to replace the board?

Did Tokai do a lot of custom orders? I can't really imagine why -- but, maybe they orderd a dot fretboard from factory?

This guitar was being offered up by a friend of mine. He sells good stuff, and he's very savy on Japanese guitars, and this one puzzled him as well.
Enjoy the guitar, I have purchased several from him. He's a great honest guy!

Relax and enjoy your new Tokai

Thanks. It makes me feel better now that someone on the forum can vouche for the seller.

There are honest people out there!

Like I said I either had something wrong or something a bit rare -- looks like I might have the latter!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Latest posts

Back