Les Paul / Loves Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtexman

Reaction score
Ok, this is kind of an in depth question, but I was wondering if someone could answer it or refer me to somewhere that could. What is the difference between all the Les Paul models? What's better? Are there certain ones for certain styles? Why are some so much more expensive than others? Are older ones better than newer ones? What's the difference between '50s reissues, '60s, etc.? What Tokai Loves Rock is the best? How much should I be expecting to pay? What pickups are the best?

Thanks for any help. I'm just curious. If you can answer any of the questions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again.

Rob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rtexman on 2002-05-08 11:16 ]</font>

Each guitar is different to other whatever the brand was.I tried a Gibson I didn,t like at all.I like my Love Rock,but I could compare to a Hamer Studio only.I am a Tokai fan,but I have to say it is better than MY Tokai(poly finish)(Gotoh vs S.Duncan pups,Mahogany vs Honduras Mahogany wood,and poly vs laquer)Ah, about the price 2 times for a used guitar,so it,s your choice.Other comparative I am willing to do is a TE-80 or high Breezysound vs a 52 vintage F.I will tell it when I found a Breezy.

I'm sorry, I didn't really follow that too well. I guess my main questions are:

1. What are the differences between les pauls ('50s, '60s, Standard, Studio, etc)

2. What are the differences between Love Rocks (LS320, LS70F, LS75Q, etc)

3. Are Newer reissues any different/better than older reissues (2002 Love Rock vs 1980 Love Rock)

Thanks again for the posts and help.

Rob

LEs Pauls - 50's have a fatter neck.
60's have a thinner neck profile

Love Rocks - check tokai-guitars.com for info, they describe it well. The big difference betweent he 60, 65, 70, and 75 are the maple caps, and pups.

Old and new - I heard old ones are better, because they were EXACT copies, and had better quality control

Thats what I think....

Latest posts

Back