Tokai 'Pride & Joy' Overdrive Pedal

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutton Steel

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of using the Tokai 'Pride & Joy' overdrive pedal? My son is wanting to buy an Ibanez Tube screamer and I am told that the Pride & Joy would be well worth considering.

consider the Maxon OD-808 as well. No experience with the Tokai pedal.

The maxon is great. I modded mine with a .1 uf cap in the tone stack (instead of .047) an easy mod that gives a touch more low end and a slightly different character... less overly midrangey but not "scooped" sounding either by any means. More of a flat response IMO.

I used it stock for about 2 years though before I modded it and it was also quite nice that way.

It's a clone of a TS-808 with a JRC 4558D chip.

TS-9s are harsh and not worth considering IMO.

I've had the basic Ibanez TS-9 (newer one) and currently use a Homebrew Electronics Powerscreamer and the Aramat Effects Green Machine. The Aramat is the best sounding Screamer I've heard/used, it feels a little more natural than the Homebrew. However, the diode switching on the Powerscreamer lets me dial in alternative tones and I like flexible pedals so I've kept them both. Green Machien for complete 'screamer cloning, the Powerscreamer for all sorts of mucking about :)

Andy.

This is the only Pride & Joy I Know of:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRIDE-AND-JOY-For-Fender-ts808-Tokai-Tube-Screamer_W0QQitemZ7423466979QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Amazing Sound Sample by Lee Slater, He used to be Iron Maiden's lead singers guitarist..I think The original singer that is.

Reviews are very exciting, he seems to have cracked the SRV Code!:0

Back