tokai and orvilles

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benpaul

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum, but I've been lurking for sometime now, I decided to register, because I need to ask more knowledgable people wether a guitar such a the new tokai ls-150 is a better guitar than a orville by gibson reissue (the ones made from 92 to 94 with fret edge binding)?

the new tokais are intriguing me, but I wonder are these exact clones of gibsons even in the whole shape of the body like a orville is? or just an aproximation?

:D Welcome BP! These are the real deal! Tokai Replicas are exactly what they say they are. Details that you can't see {zebra pup's} are there. I have Gibsons and they are fine but I love my Toks! :wink:TG

I cannot understand this Orville vs Tokai feber here lately.
LS150 is a brand new guitar with high specifications,period.....
I 'll make some tries with mine changing pickups ,maybe a new nut(not sure) and electronics to 50's wiring(not really needed in fact). I has an OBG 335 and an ES120 Tokai.I prefer Tokai,suits my taste better,neck specially(very solid).....

I really would like to try new ES models ES155 and above and make a extensively review playing through a 18 w and Pro replicas.I could get an old Bandmaster and/or Bassman blackface,and a JTM45 reisue too.It would cover a lot of amp sound. Bandmaster is a specially fantastic amp for trying a guitar as it's not very friendly with bad or faulty guitars as show deffects at instant.

I would love to see that review, I bet it would make a very interesting article for everyone in the forum...

I'm new around here, I've seen orvilles but haven't dealt with higher end tokais, that why I asked. the ls150 looks great

...and an Orville by Gibson is an old guitar with high specifications...

try both if you can there is no correct answer ...all guitars are different ..I also have a tokai 120 and an ObG 355..I prefer the ObG ..its down to personal taste..

Back