SHOW US YOUR TOKAI! pics thread

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more:

mat_750.jpg

mat_750_1.jpg

This is a 1984 MAT 750 series prototype, the model was introduced in 1985. The h/s/h configuration was not available on the production models. The body color is copper chrome! The body is FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) but the neck is probably maple, the production models had FRP necks and also carbon fiber necks in 1986.

The 1985 700/750 series production models:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai855.jpg

Here's my second MAT, it's a 1985 M-451 with a NOS CM-800 carbon fiber neck, the original FRP neck was not straight unfortunately:

mat.jpg

body.jpg

headstock_front.jpg

headstock_back.jpg

It has locking Kluson tuners and a hotrail at the bridge.

Mike

chris barany
holy moly...i'll say it again...some beautiful guitars here. chrisheyes, i think the end of the tokai rainbow is at your place. [/b]

Thanks Chris, but I'm still searching for that crock of gold :wink:
There was a really nice sunburst '80's breezysound with a B-bender for sale and I didn't make an offer - :(

I've got one of the new Sound Stream Presto series and another early Classical guitar on the way to me too :p

Here is my early 80s ST-80 Springy Sound. Interesting are the hang tags/warranty card that were in the case when I bought it. I'm not sure if pictures of these are posted anywhere so I'm including them. I think it's particularly interesting the license plate theme that says "reborn old TOKAI electric guitars." I thought reborn/reborn old was a Love Rock thing but maybe it applied to the strats too.

Springy1.jpg

Springy2.jpg

Springy4.jpg

Spingy3.jpg
Springy5.jpg
[/img]

luis Posted:

Chris,can you talk us about sound stream series you own?
I'll let you know about it as soon as I get it Luis. It's a vintage sunburst Presto model and it's on its way to me from Poland :D

There is a Polish dealership now take a look.

http://www.edo-studio.com/gallery-5.htm

It should arrive at some point this week, I hope :-?

Ok Chris,thank you.I'm very curious about them.I have an add Mr. Adachi's courtesy, but I 've never seen any in person or had known any people trying one....I feel very interesting what Tokai says in his web about this new Sound Stream system.It seems they want to improve and being known by his own modelsagain,altough as we musicians are so conservative in general it 's not an easy task they have...Just remeber what happened to fantastic MAT series in the past.I whish Tokai being sucessfull this time :p .

luis said:
....I feel very interesting what Tokai says in his web about this new Sound Stream system.
Luis, see as well.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3951
Thanks Hans made a review of LRII, SEB equipped

Luis

The Presto Sound Stream arrived today :D

Looking at the SEB info that Ned has put up on the Tokai Guitars Catalog Page it is Natural Vintage in colour and HSS in pickup configuration

It's a lot heavier then I expected, but that's probably got a lot to do with the Mahogany centre.

The guitar is different to the HSS model shown as this has three controls, 1 Volume and 2 Tones.

First impression is that the pickups don't do justice to the body they are harsh.

It does has excellent sustain though :D

I'll upload photo's later

Here are the photo's of the Sound Series Presto

I noticed that the Humbucker has 4 wires andmust be wired for coil tapping. However only two have been wired up. The other two have just been covered with brown packaging tape.

There are no markings on the pickups whatsoever. Anybody got any idea if these are the stock pickups ?

PrestoFront.jpg

Fullback.jpg

back.jpg

HeadstockFront.jpg

Headstockrear.jpg

SteelTremeloBlock.jpg

Wiring.jpg

Pickupcavities.jpg

These are mine that I tinker with daily. :lol:

MIK Tokai Love Rock - Vintage Violin finish
MIK Tokai J-200 Copy.

JSD_battleaxes.jpg

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ratsatam205/album?.dir=92de&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

What are the tokai acoustic guitars like? Theres always talk of the electrics here but its rare you see much about the acoustics

GStormcrow said:
What are the tokai acoustic guitars like? Theres always talk of the electrics here but its rare you see much about the acoustics

I have a J55 acoustic and I love it. Solid spruce top, nicely resonant with nice binding on the back. It has a very comfortable neck - narrow, not too deep with a soft V profile - darn close to an electric neck.

For the money, it's a great alternative to a Gibson J45.

My CE1000 from '81 I love.Solid spruce top plus indian rosewood(solid I guess) sides.A keeper....

my.php
[/URL][/img]

my.php
[/URL][/img]

my.php
[/URL][/img]

JSD said:
These are mine that I tinker with daily. :lol:

MIK Tokai Love Rock - Vintage Violin finish
MIK Tokai J-200 Copy.

JSD_battleaxes.jpg

The J200 looks absolutely gorgeous ! I have been looking around for one of them for a while to replace a John Lennon (Vintage Manufacturer) copy I have . Same Burst as the J200 but the J200 looks so much prettier with the gibson book headstock and binding.. Anyone selling one cheap ? :wink:

Latest posts

Back