Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Located a Silverstar (80's) in Japan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffd64
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to hunt down a Tokai Silverstar (late 80's model - Fender 70's style headstock) in excellent condition at a small guitar shop in Japan.

INCLUDING shipping from Japan to my house in the US (shipping is actually more than the guitar), the total price is less than $350 US Dollars. Is this a good deal?
Teenslain
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I just picked up a gorgeous '79 SIlver Star on eBay for a little under $300 inc S&H from Japan and it's amazing. I can't comment on the late 80s models but this one's a peach! You've probably got a safe bet there.
What I really like about the Silver Stars is the big headstock, it really sets it apart from other strat copies.
Kinda weird tho', to start reproducing a 70s strat in 1979!? I normally stay away from 3-bolt necks but couldn't resist this one at that price.
Take it easy, Joe
cliffd64
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further update:

This Silverstar that I located is actually no later than a 1984 according to the details I was given. It's on its way via EMS to me in the States now. I should have it in about a week or two. For a total price including shipping of less than $350, I think I made out rather well I will post pictures when it arrives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: