Weird Hybrid Tokai telecaster....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffd64

Reaction score
Today, in my local music store.. I ran into a strange Tokai instrument. Basically, the body looks like a custom Telecaster model from the 70's, but the neck/'headstock is close to being shaped like a Gibson... its not anywhere near a fender shape. Has a gold Tokai logo on it. the neck/headstock appears to be made of maple. The body looks like a thick piece of plywood from the side...

Can anyone tell me anything about this particular guitar??

Not much, just that I saw one of these a month or so ago on eBay. I think it was like a natural finish 69 thinline, but with a 3-a-side headstock. Very weird.

Yes... exactly..

The body was definitely a layered plywood body... not hollow in any way like thinlines...

They only want $219 US for it... so if anyone is interested, let me know and I will get you the info :smile:

Anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this one has any value? I am curious as to even when it wqas made... It seems to pre-date the actual breezysounds...

Curiosity value only I'd reckon. Depends how it plays and sounds I guess, but if its plywood I wouldn't hold out much hope there. Plus a big part of Tokais popularity is that they're close copies of established designs and a tele with a 3-a-side headstock ain't that. So if it hasn't got the quality (can't be sure obviously) or the accuracy then I doubt its going to be of great interest, especially as people generally buy Tokais to play, not hang on walls or put in vaults.

Latest posts

Back