Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to wire a rerverse wound pickup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike martin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: how to wire a rerverse wound pickup Reply with quote

hi guys
i rewired my tok strat but i am not sure about the way the middle pickup should be connected to the 5way switch. i have connected every thing just like normal, is this correct or should i have reversed the wires so that the hot lead goes to ground, any help would be appreciated
mike
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiring it the normal way should work, because a reverse wound pickup means just that: it's reverse wound to give a humbucking effect when combining it with either the neck or bridge single coil. If you messed something up, you will not hear the usual in-between sound of a Strat, but a very thin out-of-phase sound instead.
mike martin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
thanks hans. thought so , just want to be sure, as when i bought this springy the bridge p/u wires were reversed.
mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: