Wey.. my first Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninibee

Reaction score
Helloo,
Spur of the moment thing really.. but I had some spare cash kicking around, and went onto ebay and got myself a Tokai after hearing some good things.. was actually looking for a LoveRock, but it didnt work out that way..
Haven't got it yet but my lovely looking ES120 is on its way and should be here on Wednesday.. I'll post some pics and tell you what I think when I get it, but till then... great forum..

wow... I was planning to get this guitar and sell it on for a profit, cos I got it for such a good price, but I am amazed by it..
Where to start.. its just so much better than I expected.. I've played a few of the gibson 335s (the new ones) and thought they were terrible..
Its a perfect guitar that I can't see myself getting rid of... and i'm the sort of person who has had 6 different guitars in the past few years..
The only thing that stops it being my only guitar is the fact that it cant do funk stuff very well.. (which i was in no way expecting).. so im gonna have to keep my strat for the time being...
I think I might get another Tokai.. maybe a LP... Can anyone tell me what model I have to go up to to get similar or better build quality to my ES120? (e.g. LS100, LS150)
Thanks.. and thanks Tokai :D

wheres the best place to get 200+?.. the highest model number ive seen in shops here is a 150...

ninibee said:
wheres the best place to get 200+?.. the highest model number ive seen in shops here is a 150...

The ONLY place to get a 200+ is Japan. Ishabashi seems to be the favourite at the moment, but I got mine from Guitar Shop Universe. That was a couple of years ago now.

ninibee said:
How much did that come to? And how much was shipping and tax etc?

The total cost for everything came to ?1300 - the price of an LP standard at the time. Be aware that you'll have to pay in 2 chunks: once to the shop, then again to customs when it arrives. Customs will charge about 25% on top of what you've already paid and depending on the shipping service you may have to pay straight away or you may get a bill a few weeks later.

Latest posts

Back