Bet you ain't seen one of these before...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a copy of an Ibanez Artist, with deeper cutaways. I like the Gretsch (forgive the dodgy spelling)style padded back, but those 70's HiFi style knobs are awful! They can't be original can they?

It could be a prototipe or a fake either.Take a look at trussrod cover,this is from the new era(98-current).My Love Rock got it.Take a look at screws,it seems 3,so it tells it,s korean.What do you think about?

You are applying Love Rock identification methods to a non-Love Rock. Not all Tokai guitars have the same truss rod cover set up. Unless you're talking about Love Rocks, it has nothing to do with its origin. I see no reason that this guitar would be a fake. Unusual, yes, but probably not a fake.

Its a bit of a mystery isn't it. It does have the look of a 70s Japanese guitar, like early Yamaha, etc. I doubt its a fake - I mean, why bother? The hi-fi style knobs do look wrong to me too, but then again, who's to say? Its a pretty funky looking guitar, in a jazz fusion kind of a way :smile:. Not too sure about that neck though - only 2 fixing bolts doesn't sound very stable to me. One for the collectors I think.

It looks like from Hummingbird era(before 1970).It suites better.

Latest posts

Back