The 2020 Tokai LS-320

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar hiro

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Tokai LS-320
https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop5007/DS06418938/
NO Honduran Mahogany :(
NO Brazilian Rosewood :(
NO fret edge binding :(
NO upgraded pickups :(

I may just have to reconsider keeping my 2000 Tokai LS-320 8) as the specs are just too **** good, just as the guitar is :)

That is a Sonix shop model. I think the current 320 is like the old 260 or whatever it was called so not all the bells and whistles. Too bad with that nice piece of lumber on the top!

You are correct on that point Harold; same shop I got my Sonix LPS-56 from :)

Yeah, that maple top is pretty sweet looking especially with that finish color. 8)

Where can I get those pickup rings? Mine are the salmon pink type and I've never found a cream replacement that 1. fits and 2. is not cheap garbage.

Tokai re-did 320 specs in 2005 when built them without fret edge binding. I got very surprised when my VF arrived here tjhat way. The guitar was stunning and great sounding buy it was a "sacrilege" to me (I understand a high money guitar must be as accurate as original inspiring it). I ordered another 320 in 2007 (LS380 called then) and again no fret edge binding. Hibiki HLS360 model had them however...

8) those shops name their original models the# that they think its generally equal to the total specs of the guitar so it might not be much to do with the standard tokai models with the simillar #s. there isnt an official tokai LS320 in 2020 but there is the LS390 which has much less specs than the original LS320 series. this LS320 is from sonix in hamamatsu, japan lately.

Back