Bacchus "Beginning of the New Tradition"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brokentoes said:
What would those attributes be ?? There are some pictures but I wouldnt call them the greatest to base much on really myself. Its black so you cannot see how many pieces the guitar is at all. The board looks ebony but again I couldnt say it is for sure. I could make some of my rosewood boards look ebony with the right lighting and not such sharp pictures. Of course people have to guess with such limited info to use. It's for sale in Australia so I have no idea what it would be worth there. I am no expert in valueing guitars in the Austalian market. My computer fried a while back so I'm on a $40 tablet... can you see things clearer than I can ?? The resolution on this thing is ****** to say the least.

The (external) set of attributes are fully viewable within the dozen, or so, photos provided.
Photos are photos; the ones presented suffice to make a proper assessment, at least for those that are familiar with the brand, and with an eye for detail. I mentioned the (potential) number of body pieces, even the potential for the dimension of the neck profile, again, based on a level of experience with the brand, and observations of many examples from the brand. I don't 'know' all of the particulars of the example but then again, after fifteen years of having nearly five dozen Bacchus examples in my hands, most from the 'Vintage Series' era, having numerous email conversations with Deviser employees, Taku K., Aki S., Sho H., and others, some times even having them exclaim that my knowledge of the brand is like unto a library, then I believe I may know one, or two things about the brand. I make every attempt possible to learn about the Deviser brand, Bacchus in particular. Although I have had basically 60 Bacchus examples in my hands, I scour all known sources to learn more about the brand. I have basically a data base of models, serial numbers, photos of warranty cards with model names/numbers, some dated to the date of sale, some not, neck thickness measurements, fret dimensions, etc. Call it obsessive but for me it's a hobby, and it's fun. I do the same with other brands & makers, just not to the extent I have done with the Deviser brand, and Bacchus. Can one always know what model is what? No, that is not possible. Is it all an exact science? Again, no but experience with any brand of widget is still experience, and that beats interwebz bulls***, at least in my book. Can one be honest, and share their knowledge with others, offering their best theory aka educated guess, without offering extranoius crap? Sure; at least, I can. If folks like what they read & hear, fine. If not, that's fine too.
When I offer an opinion concerning an example I am offering that opinion based on experience, not just pulling some rabbit outta some hat, as is often the case with opinions often seen on the interwebz.

Valuations are a whole different can of worms; I never approach that turd with Deviser employees within any of my conversations with them, and I won't. I discuss model specific attributes with Deviser employees. Valuations are for the market to decide.

So does it look like an ebony board to you or something else ?? I only have 2 bacchus and well I never cared much to know the model numbers. To me one is a batwing sg and the other is a DC junior. I enjoy learning about things of course. What would be a give away for a higher model that we could actually see from those pics ?? Would it need a serial number ?? Did they start changing the specs before they got serial numbers or was it right then ?? How many years didnt get serial numbers ?? Did they even make more than one custom with p90s during the no serial years ?? I'm no expert at all. If you've had 60 of these pass through your hands you would know more than most.

Hi broken,
Before I posted here I offered a TF member (youami) the below PM, because he has the same user name as one of the members from the other forum that made an inquiry about the BLC with P-90s.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe this may be you, from a different forum, asking about a Bacchus LP Custom, with P-90s.
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/can-you-i-d-this-bacchus.445053/
There are also photos on page 142 of this thread that look to be the same Bacchus.
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/the-unofficial-official-anything-bacchus-momose-deviser-theory-photo-id-thread.142408/page-142

IMO this is a circa 1996 to 1997 Bacchus BLC-95S; this is based on all of the attributes from the photos.

Since you have not posted here in over 8 years, I guess you may not see this PM but I tried.

Cheers,
Hiro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my assessment of the instrument is the same for him, as I offered here.
Again, the details of the attributes from the photos, along with my experience with the brand, offer me a perspective to be confident in my assessment of the example.
Cheers

So basically you have nothing concrete to prove one way or another that guitar is what you say it might be other than you are some kind of Jedi master and can "feel" what it is.

It sounds more like you are exactly the kind of internet bullshitter that you say you laugh at. Well how is anyone to believe you and all your ******** ??? Your opinion is worth just as much as the next persons ... whether or not you can face that fact is another question.

As I stated previously, more than once; the attributes demonstrated within the photos offer great detail concerning the example.

What do you see on the head stock? What do you not see on the head stock?
Those are the biggies, in my book. What other attributes are obvious from the photos?
Again, I am combining the evidence from the photos, along with known & similar examples from the era.
That is how opinions are formulated, and I don't offer opinions without careful consideration.

It doesn't take a "Jedi master" or "internet bullshitter" in your words, to do the same, or similar, with any brand of widget.
I guess you missed Harolds' post over at the other forum? :lol: Oh, wait; maybe you didn't?
"No good deed goes unpunished.
Dont sweat the small stuff. Or the small people."
OK, got it.

You have yourself a nice day.

Haha i was thinking of you when i posted that on harolds thread. You do have some Jedi ***** going on 😂

Harold is a great guy; we have discussed guitars often, I have purchased a few from him, and I believe he understands that I do have a very good knowledge base in regard to Deviser brands, Bacchus in particular. We have shared quite a few discussions concerning the Bacchus brand, among other brands. I respect Harolds' opinions just as I'm confident he also respects my opinions.
Harold would never throw out direct personal attacks on folks, and in a public forum, like you have done here, and for nothing more than offering an honest opinion based on knowledge of a brand. But then Harold is a class act & not everyone can be Harold.
Cheers

I have no doubt you are a wealth of info on mij guitars.

I guess its your pompous, holier than thou cuntiness that kinda rubs me the wrong way. My opinion only of course.

Well excuse me for trying to make friends with you.

I guess ill have to eat my lunch all by myself :(

Latest posts

Back