ES Type Guitar: any out there with a chunky neck

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jock68

Reaction score
I think I want a Tokai ES Guitar and I am looking for a specific model that has a chunky neck. From what I have discovered most seem to have slim 60s neck. I would prefer more of a 58/59 profile. Can anyone advise me what models I should look for?

Cheers
Jock

My 81 ES100J has a perfect 59 profile neck - the whole guitar is as 59 as a 59

Friend has an early 2000's ES120 and the neck definitely is not slim.

Just bought a ES120, ser number looks like a 2002 and the neck in lovely.

Cheers

Tokai ES guitars I have owned and still own have not a 58 chunky neck, I would say a 59 late in my 1981 and a bit slimmer but not 60s in my ex ES-120.
These are very good ES style guitars. Old 80'sones are not so common but worth to me, 90's are ever rarer but lack some features I like.

Seventy Seven guitars makes ES types called "Exrubato" that have very chunky necks. Not Tokai, and not cheap, but that same super high Japanese quality we all love so much.

I had exactly the same problem, I like a 59 neck - after so many attempts to get an ES second hand here in the UK, I found a seller in London with a 59 neck ES-100, a little slimmer width at the nut than my Reborn LP maybe (42mm?), but its a feels really good all the way up. They are out there...

Latest posts

Back