Japan made Tokai UES dating question.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeymikey

Reaction score
Can anyone date this Made in Japan Tokai UES120 serial number. For some reason I cant access the registry page?

Serial number: 0510xxx

Thanks for any help!

Mike.

Thanks Luis!

I had a feeling it was 2005 but not sure. Yes, it seems like lacquer finish, very thin and has that smell to it. I just bought this guitar after two years of wanting it and its an incredible sounding guitar and sustains like no other I've owned.

I had a 2005 120 too but with the correct headstock no dimple, sunburst finish, a very good 335 selected buythe factory. Afterwads I talked to them about a Honduras mahogany neck as far a neck is small and you can use the blank left in the warehouse for a neck but no way for a body. They did some to my surprised. I want to get one in future......

Enjoy it spikey!

Thanks Luis, thats an interesting piece of information. This one has beautiful flame and a really nice fingerboard, plays very fast and very light and resonant. I played it live at a jam and was really impressed the way it made a rather dud amp sound good. Then, when I gave it back to the owner he said it was for sale. I had to buy it. He wanted £850 but I got it down to £775. Trouble was, I couldn't find anything negative to say about it to try to get the price down! I sure will enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back