Fake Tokai Breezysound Japanese Telecaster?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marks-guitars

Reaction score
I would really appreciate any help on this please. I have just bought a 2nd hand Breezysound double bound Tele, no skunk stripe on the neck. It appears to be fairly newish, it's stamped 'Made In Japan' at the base of the neck just above the neck plate, however there is no serial number anywhere on the guitar, the ashtray style bridge has no 'Tokai' stamped into it, the pickups look fairly cheap (they have a thin magnet on the base of them and have fairly thin plastic wiring not cloth covered as does the tone/volume wiring. The volume and tone pot do look fairly good qaulity though and both have 'made in Japan' although the switch looks fairly cheap and has a sticker with 'VLX54' and '8H03' on it. The neck has a end of heel truss rod adjustment and has 'A-10' stamped on it just above the truss road adjustment socket. The body has 'A-9' written in pencil under the neck pick up. but there are no other markings on the guitar. The wiring looks untouched, all original solders etc and the neck fits the body perfectly. I'd be grateful if members think this is a fake Tokai please, the logo on the headstock looks great, no obvious signs of being aftermarket.
Many thanks for your help

Some Tokai guitars made it out without a serial number and Just the "Made In Japan" stamp on the bottom of the neck. I have one that's just a regular breezysound (not double bound). It doesn't say Tokai on the bridge etc.. I seem to remember they came out in the late 2000's if that helps.

Some pics would help

Latest posts

Back