Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1984 greco js650...low end greco?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impetustheimpaler
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: 1984 greco js650...low end greco? Reply with quote

hi, im looking at either the 1984 js550 or js650 and wondering if they are sort of lower end for the grecos? is the edwards john sykes model any good? sorry i dont know anything about these guitars...is there a way to figure out the models from the serial number? im also looking at a 1987 greco egc68-50 that looks just like the js650 besides the mirror pickguard...what would be a good deal on one of these guitars? thanks so much for the help!!!

Last edited by impetustheimpaler on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 lower end Greco customs. Both mint collection Fujigen. I highly recommend them myself. Great if you like a rosewood board. Usually can be found for a good deal as well because they are not "perfect" Customs. Great mod platforms too.

LPjunior
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a 1984 JS-550 and even though they're the bottom end of the Mint Collections there's pretty much no difference between them and the higher end LPC's other than hardware like pups etc as far as I can see. I've a few other fujigen even the top of the range Orville 57B and they haven't cut any corners with the lower end Mint Collection LPC models but as they're basically CNC'd you wouldn't expect there to be much difference.

Unless you're after an ebony board or some of the higher end pups they're great guitars like brokentoes says, certainly on a par with the Orvillles, MIJ Epiphones and Burny's I've had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: