Fake or real letter? You decide.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejeannot

Reaction score
http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/tokais-mystery-box.448480/ from Felix's Tokai mystery box.

I worked as a translator in Japan for several years doing Japanese to English translation and also did lots of correction of English translations by Japanese. That letter reads exactly like a translation of Japanese to English done by a non-native. Just my opinion of course.

I don't know if its real or not, but i wonder whats the point of the letter, maybe it would become clear on Pg. 2 ??

I'm a lover of the Japan culture and society. I was several times in remote locations within Japan. The documents that I saw, translated into english, where of this grade. In my eyes, it has a possibility to be legit. Also the characters of the typwriter are Tokai Legit. I had a very old letter from Tokai, and they used the same kind of police long ago.

I have some letters from early 80s sent to Peter Mac from the factory (Old plant manager) and I would say the format is very similar. Maybe he can tell something about it.

Latest posts

Back